Watches

Well that sent me down a rabbit hole of watch videos, there's a guy I follow on Twitter who sells loads of designer clothes, well below rrp, who has diversified into watches now I was always a bit wary about his products (all a bit garish for my tastes thankfully) but now I'm really worried he's at it with watches too 

18 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

Does anybody have any information on Hamilton watches?

Been offered one for X amount but at that price point I'd rather just chuck the extra couple of hundred and get a Farer.

Ideally holding out for a Panerai but trying to save up for that when there are so many (apparently excellent) superclones going about is looking less appealing. Maybe get a Rado.

I'd definitely buy a Hamilton.  This is an enjoyable 17 minutes:

49 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

If you paid retail you could probably make about 10k on that.

Thank you.

They are going for around £17-18 on the secondary market atm, it definitely seems to have cooled off as I remember one point black face sky dwellers were going for around 28k. Mental time.

• 3 weeks later...

Probably the many Tudor fanboys (aye you, Biggie) will  know this but they have reintroduced the Ranger.  Apparently  it divides opinion but I wonder why?  I think it's a cracking looking watch and definitely one for the future.  Someone described it as, "What the Explorer used to be" and that sounds about right.  Maybe the naysayers are holding out for the Tudor Celtic?  

1618032255_tudorranger.thumb.png.dc88013be2f37c62fac280fabe33dea0.png

On 19/10/2022 at 15:27, The_Kincardine said:

Probably the many Tudor fanboys (aye you, Biggie) will  know this but they have reintroduced the Ranger.  Apparently  it divides opinion but I wonder why?  I think it's a cracking looking watch and definitely one for the future.  Someone described it as, "What the Explorer used to be" and that sounds about right.  Maybe the naysayers are holding out for the Tudor Celtic?  

1618032255_tudorranger.thumb.png.dc88013be2f37c62fac280fabe33dea0.png

Classic, plain and simple. Simply cannot go wrong with a Tudor.

tudor.thumb.jpg.0bee1cf2b4258e6728adcada226927da.jpg

Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

This will be the next piece for the collection. Seagull 1963 40 mm, issued to the Chinese military in early sixties, not totally true to the original, but same 80 year old movement. Comes on a green nato that looks good, but then I saw it on the milanese bracelet, think that clinched it.

Gold Swan Neck Seagull 1963 40MM Upgrade Milan w/Green Nylon 2 Band  Sapphire Crystal ST1901 Movement Men's Chronograph Wrist Pliot Watch  SU1963M40X : Amazon.co.uk: Watches

Sugess Mens Chronograph Watch Seagull 1963 40mm Mechanical Wrist Watches  For Men ST1901 Movement Sapphire Crystal Military|Mechanical Watches| -  AliExpress

Will post pics when I get my mits on it.

Thank you.

6 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

This will be the next piece for the collection. Seagull 1963 40 mm, issued to the Chinese military in early sixties, not totally true to the original, but same 80 year old movement. Comes on a green nato that looks good, but then I saw it on the milanese bracelet, think that clinched it.

Gold Swan Neck Seagull 1963 40MM Upgrade Milan w/Green Nylon 2 Band  Sapphire Crystal ST1901 Movement Men's Chronograph Wrist Pliot Watch  SU1963M40X : Amazon.co.uk: Watches

Sugess Mens Chronograph Watch Seagull 1963 40mm Mechanical Wrist Watches  For Men ST1901 Movement Sapphire Crystal Military|Mechanical Watches| -  AliExpress

Thank you.

The Chinese- a great bunch of lads.

With nice watches.

25 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Thank you.

Love the blued hands and whole colour scheme , seen a lot of difference in prices too. Also the movement is lovely to watch. 

Edited by saint dave

44 minutes ago, mathematics said:

Gentlemen. This has come into my possession. I don’t know anything about watches. It is worth servicing or shall I just Chuck it?

B2FC7B38-4AA6-43CA-B111-19D4E43A3319.jpeg

A82F15BB-967F-4F4B-8D82-2D8EE001FCDC.jpeg

Think that's quartz/battery driven, you could replace the battery, not worth getting serviced though. IMO.