Watches

Nice watches.
I’ve got a Speedmaster with moonphase. Recently got a watch toolkit so I’m in the market for some straps to mix things up. The Speedy goes with pretty much everything.

I really like the look of the Tudor Black Bay 58 too.

So much so that I think I’ll try and book to try one on before I buy, now that I’ve seen a couple on here.
Really good price compared to the Rolex and with a 70hr power reserve you can’t beat it.

ECF7FF08-FDB1-4E6F-9779-A06021FD1EA9.jpeg

15 minutes ago, Big Rider said:

Nice watches.
I’ve got a Speedmaster with moonphase. Recently got a watch toolkit so I’m in the market for some straps to mix things up. The Speedy goes with pretty much everything.

I really like the look of the Tudor Black Bay 58 too.

So much so that I think I’ll try and book to try one on before I buy, now that I’ve seen a couple on here.
Really good price compared to the Rolex and with a 70hr power reserve you can’t beat it.

ECF7FF08-FDB1-4E6F-9779-A06021FD1EA9.jpeg

Interesting, is that a shark mesh bracelet? Going to put mine on this.......

Flyboard Leather/Rubber Water-Resistant Watch Strap

1 hour ago, Big Rider said:

Yep, it's a shark mesh. A cheaper replacement for the original croc leather. Really comfortable to wear. 

What site is that perforated leather one on? Looks good. 

Watchgecko. They're good.

8 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

Nice collection.  The Speedmaster is simply glorious.

Thanks, it's taken years to do it, doubt there will be any more high end pieces. Got my eye on a few Seikos though.

On 12/09/2020 at 09:45, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Thanks, it's taken years to do it, doubt there will be any more high end pieces. Got my eye on a few Seikos though.

Are you sure Biggie?  Did you not say that before the Speedy?  We’ve all been there 🤣 

You’ve got a well thought out balanced collection there and not that you need another diver BUT as you probably know the new Submariner was released 01/09.  If you get your name on a list at your AD now you’ll probably have about 5 years to persuade the missus “just one more watch is needed” before you actually get to the top of the list 🤣.  I’m using the time to save up for it!

On a separate note what’s the story with the red dot you’ve got for your last post?  Someone obviously doesn’t know there should be no grudges in the watch collecting game.  Just opinions 👍

E7E42045-CB3A-4011-A1E7-E260B363630A.jpeg

54 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

Are you sure Biggie?  Did you not say that before the Speedy?  We’ve all been there 🤣 

You’ve got a well thought out balanced collection there and not that you need another diver BUT as you probably know the new Submariner was released 01/09.  If you get your name on a list at your AD now you’ll probably have about 5 years to persuade the missus “just one more watch is needed” before you actually get to the top of the list 🤣.  I’m using the time to save up for it!

On a separate note what’s the story with the red dot you’ve got for your last post?  Someone obviously doesn’t know there should be no grudges in the watch collecting game.  Just opinions 👍

E7E42045-CB3A-4011-A1E7-E260B363630A.jpeg

Thanks Shadow, kind words. The red dot is from a moron that's been following me around and doing this on most of my posts, I've never even had an argument with this guy, it's quite concerning and worrying, the type of people who are out there.

Thanks again.

• 2 months later...

Picked this up yesterday. Had originally planned on getting one in March/April time but obviously everything went tits up with coronavirus! With a few months of unemployment it was very much on the back burner but one new job later and a couple of phone calls out of the blue this weekend and here we are! 

CCAF4432-4AA4-48E4-A12E-BF6F972CB003.jpeg

49 minutes ago, Rugster said:

Went to Timpsons on Saturday to get a battery replaced. 70 fucking quid and a two week wait As it needs to go to the factory. . Fucks sake. 

Serves you right for buying cheap shite.

Wife got me a Tag formula1 for my 50th. Had it coming up on 4 years so expecting I’ll have to service and change battery soon. Priced a service with jewellers where it was bought - Beaverbrooks who quoted £250. Can any of you guys advise if this is the standard kinda cost for this or is it OTT. Not sure if an independent authorised dealer/jeweller would be a better option.

I have a number of decent watches. 

Some of them are waterproof or I should say were. The reality is that I was never going to wear any of them in water. 

So when it comes to changing batteries I have always used a local jeweller near Murrayfield.  I am sure he initially offered the waterproof seal but I went for just a battery. I got 2 batteries for 2 x Cartier watches recently and combined the cost was only £50. I remember going to a place in the Buchanan Galleries once and asked re a Tag watch I have and they quoted something like £150 plus it would need to be sent away and would take a couple of weeks. No thanks. 

I have a number of decent watches. 
Some of them are waterproof or I should say were. The reality is that I was never going to wear any of them in water. 
So when it comes to changing batteries I have always used a local jeweller near Murrayfield.  I am sure he initially offered the waterproof seal but I went for just a battery. I got 2 batteries for 2 x Cartier watches recently and combined the cost was only £50. I remember going to a place in the Buchanan Galleries once and asked re a Tag watch I have and they quoted something like £150 plus it would need to be sent away and would take a couple of weeks. No thanks. 

Wear it all the time and in water either pool or the beach so water integrity is a must. Cheers