Watches

4 hours ago, jamamafegan said:

IMG_5723.jpg

My no thrills Casio effort that was 8 quid from Argos. I now want a wooden watch after seeing this thread.

On 07/06/2019 at 07:11, Bert Raccoon said:

Prefer my Casio tbh.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSQJ2q__-zYs-u4DPbAnDo

Upgrade and you'll be fighting the women off. Ladies like a man with a bit of bling.

• 2 weeks later...

Any suggestions for sites to use when selling a watch. I've got a speedmaster that I no longer want/could use the cash more wisely. 

Only bought it in December last year, so still under warranty with box and papers. 

I'm such an easy mark when it comes to face to face haggling. 

2 hours ago, Milnzo said:

Any suggestions for sites to use when selling a watch. I've got a speedmaster that I no longer want/could use the cash more wisely. 

Only bought it in December last year, so still under warranty with box and papers. 

I'm such an easy mark when it comes to face to face haggling. 

Whatever you do, don't go near ebay. chrono 24 is reputable, find out the exact model of your watch (there's tons of different speedies) and check on there what they are going for, that's your price. (don't know what their commission is)

All the best, it's a nice piece.

Edited by Bigmouth Strikes Again

13 minutes ago, Milnzo said:

Chrono 24 was the first Google result so think I'll go with that. Think commission is 6.5%(max 300).

Its a limited piece so should be easy enough to find. 

Cheers Bigmouth. 

No probs, be careful.

Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

IMG_1347.thumb.jpg.b306be0853857bf109822b9e1bad514a.jpg

Casio W-217, about £10 bought new on eBay, taking care to avoid the numerous fakes.

Citizen Eco-Drive, s/h on eBay, won for £40.  New,  around £150 - £200 , I think. 

10 year battery on the Casio, solar on the Citizen.   No more faffing around with new batteries every 6 or 12 months. 

20 hours ago, saint dave said:

This arrived from Moscow reasonably quickly. As others have noted the strap is a pile of crap , what do you guys recommend to replace it?

IMG_20190709_130602.jpg

The Vostok, got a bit of a cult following. Strapcode make really good straps/ bracelets but then the strap would be worth more than the watch 😃

I would just put it on a nato.

Thank you.

11 hours ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

The Vostok, got a bit of a cult following. Strapcode make really good straps/ bracelets but then the strap would be worth more than the watch 😃

I would just put it on a nato.

Thank you.

Ordered a Bond NATO strap , seen a couple of pics online and it looks good with it. 

Thank you 🤣

33 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

How do you know if these are fake ? Sadly they are my parents but dad has no idea where they are from and who gave him them.

Sorry G_Man they are 110% fake and are absolutely worthless.