Watches

• 3 months later...

Anyone know much about Jacques du Manoir watches? Jewelry shop near my work is closing down and seen one I fancy. Even with a hefty discount I will still be a couple of hundred quid into it if I buy. Never heard of them before and not a great deal of info available online.

Great thread!

Own a Titanium Omega Seamaster which has huge sentimental value, a Tag Carrera and a Rolex Submariner. Servicing costs more than the car!

My daily watches are a Vostok Amphipian (which gets noticed more than the above) and Seiko SK's on NATO straps. 

Diminishing returns when you spend money on watches. A Seiko will keep time as well or better than any "premium" brand. 

3 hours ago, Futureboy said:

Diminishing returns when you spend money on watches. A Seiko will keep time as well or better than any "premium" brand. 

Do watch buyers/fetishists wear watches in order to know the time?

I haven't worn a watch in years. And yet, I know the time. Go figure.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 12/10/2018 at 20:10, Duszek said:

Do watch buyers/fetishists wear watches in order to know the time?

I haven't worn a watch in years. And yet, I know the time. Go figure.

If I wore my watch now I'd probably still look at my phone to know the time as it's habit.

Can't really get into the whole watch thing.

1 hour ago, Gaz FFC said:

If I wore my watch now I'd probably still look at my phone to know the time as it's habit.

Can't really get into the whole watch thing.

Was out for a run this morning and needed to be back in time to get ready for work etc. Put a watch on (old Swatch thing) but still found myself patting my pocket to look for my phone, rather than instinctively looking at my wrist for the time. 

• 1 month later...
On 07/07/2018 at 03:33, Swordfishtrombone said:

Not worn a watch for years but quite liked this and purchased it today. Functionally it just tells the time but I liked it. 

IMG_20180706_202641.jpg

That is cool as f**k. I've just ordered myself a wooden watch very similar to this after seeing this post.