Watches

• 2 weeks later...

I have a smart watch, garmin vivoactive. I really want a nice watch for occasions though. Ideally one of these

e8032bfcaca7009b9dc86de8bc5a7fd2.jpg

The Tag Heuer Formula 1 James Hunt edition. Long sold out now though, and the chances of getting one are slim to none. And I can't afford it for a while.

A pipe dream.

• 5 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

What's P&Bs advice? I have £500 to spend on a watch (ideally less because it's a gift), what out there is half decent and will last and which makers do I avoid?

As long as he's not built like a stick insect I'd go for this:

prs3.JPG.dcee2ef13a98326bb89e97531f64df0a.JPG

It's specified by a bloke from Yorkshire who has been selling watches on the internet for years - I have two of his pieces - and they are terrific value for money. This one uses a Swiss automatic movement and the case and bracelet are German.  It has a sapphire crystal, as do both of my watches, and are scratch-free.  It retails for £340 and, to me, seems a bargain.  I'd put a rubber strap on it because I don't like bracelets but that's a matter of personal choice.

Website here: http://www.timefactors.com/precista.htm

On 13/03/2017 at 20:03, towner_21 said:

f3403fed3bb263f8a2a376adb6bb0f70.jpg needs a new battery

I used to have the same watch...

...wrote a car off and took it straight to the scrappies - in my haste, I forgot to take the watch out of the glove compartment where I had put it because it needed a new battery.

So thanks for rescuing it for me, I'll PM my address, you can send it on and we'll say no more?

Edited by Shades75

On 24/03/2017 at 22:52, die hard doonhamer said:

I have a smart watch, garmin vivoactive. I really want a nice watch for occasions though. Ideally one of these

e8032bfcaca7009b9dc86de8bc5a7fd2.jpg

The Tag Heuer Formula 1 James Hunt edition. Long sold out now though, and the chances of getting one are slim to none. And I can't afford it for a while.

A pipe dream.

Absolute beauty of a watch. You'd be surprised, I thought they'd all disappear but seen this & the nato strap version in a couple of shops - Goldsmiths in Braehead & one of the jewellers on Princes St in Edinburgh, can't remember its name.

Edited by Over the Road

On 4/23/2017 at 18:41, tree house tam said:

What's P&Bs advice? I have £500 to spend on a watch (ideally less because it's a gift), what out there is half decent and will last and which makers do I avoid?

Eta, it's for a male.

Seiko.

10 hours ago, tree house tam said:

Was looking at a few Seiko. What's your thoughts on Bulova prescionist range, any good?

Don't know anything about them, for your budget I would stick to Seiko, they do some nice dive watches, and dress watches as well (as worn by Djokovic)

Image result for seiko dive watches

Image result for novak djokovic watch

• 6 months later...