A whole #genertaion of disaster from Sottish Labour

milton75

Another bucket of fail,seemingly holyrood has now to protect Scotland from the westminster cuts,

If only we had a chance quite recently to do this

So much this. Seeing the "Better Together" parties now demanding that the SNP-led Scottish government now mitigate, protect and otherwise shield Scotland from the policies of the U.K. government *they wanted* to retain sovereignty over Scotland is one of the most outrageous pieces of irony (if not hypocrisy) imaginable.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another bucket of fail,seemingly holyrood has now to protect Scotland from the westminster cuts,

If only we had a chance quite recently to do this

They really are the laughiest of laughing stocks.

Hothersall and McDougall have been charging around Twitter DEMANDING the Scottish Government do something about the nasty Tories, forgetting that a) ScotGov already mitigate the bedroom tax b) They voted for Westminster rule last year c) mitigating tax credits is an economic impossibility and d) Their own MPs abstained on the welfare bill.

You genuinely could not write it.

Hothersall and McDougall have been charging around Twitter DEMANDING the Scottish Government do something about the nasty Tories, forgetting that a) ScotGov already mitigate the bedroom tax b) They voted for Westminster rule last year c) mitigating tax credits is an economic impossibility and d) Their own MPs abstained on the welfare bill.

Duncan Hotdogstall is quite honestly the biggest fucknugget I have ever some across. I don't think he's ever had a thought without it first being vetted by Blair McDougall.

http://m.eveningtimes.co.uk/news/13927669.VIDEO__SNP_MP_Mhairi_Black_is_told_by_Ian_Duncan_Smith_that_Scotland_has_power_now_to_stop_tax_credit_cuts/?ref=arc

Did you read the article? Or just the headline? For the SG to stop the cuts they'd have to tax the people more. Labour's answer to tax the rich 50% won't work alone as there are not enough top earners in Scotland to tax to cover the cost, which would also mean taxing the middle bracket, leading to a give with one hand and take with other.

IDS knows this, but tbh I know you didn't.

Brush up on your comprehension skills. Fide said its an economic impossibility, ie we can't afford to mitigate them. Really simple stuff.

Further, why should the Scottish government be "mitigating" what 55% of Scots voted for last year? I thought the unionists didn't like it when the "settled will" of the Scottish people was ignored - apparently not. They want UK rule except when they don't like it. Quite why the SNP is not going on the attack and asking where our much-ballyhooed "£1400 per-head union dividend" is I don't know. They really do let Labour, the The Tories and Lib Dems away with some amount of mendacious, hypocritical shite.

Further, why should the Scottish government be "mitigating" what 55% of Scots voted for last year? I thought the unionists didn't like it when the "settled will" of the Scottish people was ignored - apparently not. They want UK rule except when they don't like it. Quite why the SNP is not going on the attack and asking where our much-ballyhooed "£1400 per-head union dividend" is I don't know. They really do let Labour, the The Tories and Lib Dems away with some amount of mendacious, hypocritical shite.

This. And Labour having the sheer brass balls to not only bleat about it, but try and make some SNPbad leverage out of it, is not just taking the biscuit, it's squatting in the fucking McVities factory.

Absolutely this.

They are now demanding the SNP use Scottish Governments limited powers and pocket money to mitigate the impact of the "better together" argument they stood for just last year.

Best of both worlds they said..... :rolleyes:

Brush up on your comprehension skills. Fide said its an economic impossibility, ie we can't afford to mitigate them. Really simple stuff.

Never said in my post that they could mitigate the cuts.

http://m.scotsman.com/news/politics/top-stories/snp-unveils-welfare-plans-to-counter-tax-credit-cuts-1-3936838#axzz3qV5gstvC

Absolutely this.

They are now demanding the SNP use Scottish Governments limited powers and pocket money to mitigate the impact of the "better together" argument they stood for just last year.

Best of both worlds they said..... :rolleyes:

The SNP cant even spend that "pocket money"can they.

The SNP cant even spend that "pocket money"can they.

tumblr_lkjodpmzfG1qdq5u6.gif

And if they'd spent every penny of their budget on the devolved areas they can at the moment, how would they go about mitigating the bedroom tax and now working tax credits as they are doing/will be doing going forward?

So you just post links for the sake of it ? Ok then.

I clicked on one of those Britnat ragefest Facebook pages fairly recently out of curiosity and it was literally a chronological list of Kev's posts on here.

If the admin there embedded the SNP membership page in a Scotsman/Daily Mail/Spectator looking URL alongside a misleading accusation, Kev would be posting it on here in minutes.

Archived