A whole #genertaion of disaster from Sottish Labour

milton75

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The biggest mistake Neil made was that he never deleted his Twitter account on the 19th. Whatever was said during the referendum should have been left there, and that is for both sides.

As I said, the guy is pure vanilla. Church man, nice family, he is Mr Boring himself. The tweet was blown out of all proportion and it's not even in the ball park when it comes to offensive tweets. I also think how it was handled was wrong, HQ lent on him to be very apologetic, it was the wrong course of action. We should have went on the attack, Murray was on the ropes when it came out, it took the wind out of the campaign's sails.

The biggest mistake Neil made was that he never deleted his Twitter account on the 19th. Whatever was said during the referendum should have been left there, and that is for both sides.

As I said, the guy is pure vanilla. Church man, nice family, he is Mr Boring himself. The tweet was blown out of all proportion and it's not even in the ball park when it comes to offensive tweets. I also think how it was handled was wrong, HQ lent on him to be very apologetic, it was the wrong course of action. We should have went on the attack, Murray was on the ropes when it came out, it took the wind out of the campaign's sails.

The biggest mistake was signing up for a twitter account. Same goes for facebook, if you want to stay pure vanilla then stay off social media.

Correct. You have to give your online history and accounts during vetting now, this should eliminate stuff like this.

Edited - I saw what happened to Neil. He was doorstepped by the mail, his wife was followed by a cameraman when she was picking up the kids from school and they were harassed all the way back home. He was thrown to the wolves by the party who basically washed their hands of him. He never deserved that.

For a link to a satirical website.

Correct. You have to give your online history and accounts during vetting now, this should eliminate stuff like this.

Edited - I saw what happened to Neil. He was doorstepped by the mail, his wife was followed by a cameraman when she was picking up the kids from school and they were harassed all the way back home. He was thrown to the wolves by the party who basically washed their hands of him. He never deserved that.

For a link to a satirical website.

That's typical of the union-friendly media. They demand far higher morals from "nationalists" and the reporting is unbelievably imbalanced.

Don't get me wrong, Neil was a legitimate target, I get that, it's just part of the game, but his kids getting picked up from primary school?

Given what our country excuses as collateral damage, I think your protestations may fall on deaf ears.

I do agree with you BTW.

Fair point.

As harmless as his tweets actually were, as a prospective parliamentary candidate he shouldn't have been involved in anything that could have been blown out of proportion by a hideously one sided media..

Absolutely correct Fide.Elements of politics are a game and he left himself wide open humour or not.

Archived