Time for B Teams

I disagree with your logic. If clubs want young players to have game time, then play them. Either in the first team or send them out on a development loan. I can't see what benefit a game like East Stirlingshire v Ross County B has for either Shire or County. Certainly not good for Shire's gate.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A lot of common "Rubbish" about B teams

The clubs will not hoover up young talent, they will keep the young talent at their club under 23-24 of which if they are not to the required standard they will be experienced at SPL2 level (For example) and will suit for joining clubs in that division, as opposed to the current loan system where they are very inexperienced.

For example

John Rogers has played for Celtic B for 3 years and is available on a free, instead of have 6 loan games and reserve team football, he has played 70 games and is more experienced to SPL2 for the likes of Berwick and Annan to sign.

Are you John Rogers?

B teams and SPL2, it's like reconstruction bingo. He'll be talking about a sectional league cup next.

My bet's on a mention of summer football...

That's when they could play the sectional League Cup

• 3 weeks later...

They were wittering about this on Saturday. No surprise the bigot brothers are behind it - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34894180

Mark Warburton -Rangers manager Mark Warburton has endorsed the notion of B teams raised by his Celtic counterpart Ronny Deila. "I said something similar down south and got a barrage of abuse for it.

He'll know what to expect, then.

Mark Warburton -Rangers manager Mark Warburton has endorsed the notion of B teams raised by his Celtic counterpart Ronny Deila. "I said something similar down south and got a barrage of abuse for it.

He'll know what to expect, then.

Surely if they do introduce b teams rangers won't qualify to have one for another few years yet anyway.

I can see the arguments for B teams but can't see how they would work within the context of Scottish football. It would need further restructuring and an open pyramid system, far beyond just the recent additions at the bottom before the structure would support it.

Regular, competitive football against seasoned pro's would have to be a good thing in the development of younger players. The loan system helps, but having a full B team would undoubtedly be better in terms of offering more players the chance to get regular football.

Struggling to see any benefit, any B teams would be in league 2 or lower. If a young player was showing promise then I'm sure that the parent club would rather loan him to a championship team rather than a full season against part time opposition in the lowest leagues.

Attendances would plummet for games involving B teams as there not a chance I would go to a Clyde game if that's who we where playing. From speaking to other fans they are of the same mindset.

Rangers wouldn't have a B team anyway it would surely be given to the best teams in the league setup namely Celtic and Aberdeen?

Struggling to see any benefit, any B teams would be in league 2 or lower. If a young player was showing promise then I'm sure that the parent club would rather loan him to a championship team rather than a full season against part time opposition in the lowest leagues.

Attendances would plummet for games involving B teams as there not a chance I would go to a Clyde game if that's who we where playing. From speaking to other fans they are of the same mindset.

Rangers wouldn't have a B team anyway it would surely be given to the best teams in the league setup namely Celtic and Aberdeen?

Cheeky! (Hearts are currently second.)

Archived