Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
mrman2011

Time for B Teams

Recommended Posts

How about a reserve league is brought back and top flight clubs have to have a certain amount of Scottish players under the age 21 in their match day squad???

Or would they not want that as it could possibly affect their clubs?? Guessing they'd just rather ruin it for us diddy clubs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
How about a reserve league is brought back and top flight clubs have to have a certain amount of Scottish players under the age 21 in their match day squad???

Or would they not want that as it could possibly affect their clubs?? Guessing they'd just rather ruin it for us diddy clubs.


Reserve league is coming back. I'd like to see the 8 Scottish player rule return. Went in 1995 and last at a tournament in 1998

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Spanish and Dutch sides have B teams in there league as well. 


Thank you for this insightful post, none of us had any idea they had B teams!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, DARREN38 said:

Spanish and Dutch sides have B teams in there league as well. 

Yeah, the Dutch started it 5 years ago. The Dutch national team have been real world beaters in the last few years.

And the German World Cup winning squad in 2014 had exactly 1 B-team appearance between them. That will have made all the difference.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The idea of having B Teams is good idea. In the sense it gives youngsters the chance to play against older pros. and experience.  The downside is that how many B sides would you allow.

The championship. League one and two only have ten teams. So you would have to extend all three divisions to at least 16 teams for it to work. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, DARREN38 said:

The idea of having B Teams is good idea. In the sense it gives youngsters the chance to play against older pros. and experience.  The downside is that how many B sides would you allow.

The championship. League one and two only have ten teams. So you would have to extend all three divisions to at least 16 teams for it to work. 

What exactly are you basing this on?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, DARREN38 said:

The idea of having B Teams is good idea. In the sense it gives youngsters the chance to play against older pros. and experience.  The downside is that how many B sides would you allow.

Just Celtic and Rangers* B teams. That’s all that’s needed and matters m8.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Just Celtic and Rangers* B teams. That’s all that’s needed and matters m8.

Perhaps scrapping all the Diddy Clubs and just having various Celtic and Rangers* B, C, D etc teams is the way forward. The TV deal would be out of this World on the basis of having Old Firm* derbies every weekend.....

Edited by sjc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sjc said:

Perhaps scrapping all the Diddy Clubs and just having various Celtic and Rangers* B, C, D etc teams is the way forward. The TV deal would be out of this World on the basis of having Old Firm* derbies every weekend.....

“Eyes of the world” watching.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, sure, put B teams in the Championship. Because the Irn Bru Cup shows how fantastically well they perform against first team opposition...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...