The James McClean Sponsored Poppy Thread

On 09/11/2020 at 00:23, Raven said:

Christmas, you say?

ChristmasJumperandScarf2020_045_1400x.jp

All your Christmas shopping needs catered for. Any P'n'Bers ever bought an inflatable replica of high explosive ordnance for their games room or mancave?

3 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

There's a lot of ruddy faced men getting even ruddier just now.

Gammon heads gone incoming.

I worry that some of them may pop considering they guy, according to ER, is a veteran. They won't know what to do.

15 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

Perhaps we should consider using the seethe of gammons and other assorted right wingers to power the nation instead of stuff like oil and gas. 

It's energy-efficient and also really, really funny. 

Gammon logic:

Extinction rebellion associating the poppy with climate change = shameful

“Border patrol” bigots associating the poppy with “illegal immigrants” = perfectly reasonable

IMG_2831.jpg

1 hour ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

Poppycar.thumb.jpg.9098496f48de5282401900281f7b6fec.jpg

This is class, parked in a poppy and child space. 👌👏

Shame it's a car manufactured by cheese-eating surrender monkeys.

Presumably the black bit at the back of the car shows are boys forcing the Germans back?

15 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

Solemnly remembering the brave boys who fell at Flanders, Ypres and the alien ring world.

IMG_20201111_165605.thumb.jpg.c6112787126727905f728d519b1dee9b.jpg

I like that they believe "Happy" is the appropriate sentiment for today. Sure, millions of people died but if you can't have a laugh about it...

Also, as there are fewer WWII veterans left each year, it makes me sad that we'll probably never get to hear a Trump voter tell them that because they fought Nazis, they are by definition, worse than Nazis.  So much for the tolerant left. And the right at the time. And pretty much everyone else. Freedom haters all.

5 minutes ago, Shandön Par said:

Isn’t the point of being in the army to be more tooled up than the other mob? Is that true bravery? Maybe it is. Just seems like quite a narrow definition of bravery. Someone piling their family into a wee boat to cross a choppy sea in the hope of a better life, you could argue, is braver than a pilot flying about trying to blow up some shepherds hiding behind a rock. Maybe if the “are brave boys” brigade widened their perspective they’d realise that some of these illegal immigrants are actually even braver and tougher than the folk they revere. They do appear to be dense as f**k though so I know that’s unlikely.

American commentator Bill Maher made a similar point early in Gulf War II and nearly saw his career destroyed as a result. He stated that the 'insurgents' were badly armed civilians fighting for their country against a vastly superior invasion force. Therefore they were a lot braver than the Generals in Washington launching missiles by computer. No an acceptable opinion in the land of the free.

The tears in my eyes are from both remembering are brave boys, and the 50 poppies now lodged in my windpipe.

'Lesgghht whee furggghhtt' I choke as I'm blinded by a million pieces of paper, my vehicle careers into the last remaining veterans, windscreen completely covered in red, just like the fields of Flanders.

The tears in my eyes are from both remembering are brave boys, and the 50 poppies now lodged in my windpipe.
'Lesgghht whee furggghhtt' I choke as I'm blinded by a million pieces of paper, my vehicle careers into the last remaining veterans, windscreen completely covered in red, just like the fields of Flanders.
That's a lot of litter.

5 minutes ago, accies1874 said:
22 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

That's a lot of litter.

It's what they fought and died for tbh.