The James McClean Sponsored Poppy Thread

5 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

This thread is essentially all about the fact that the meaning has been lost so no need to repeat it but worse than that is it becoming the most classless, tasteless display of the year.

Have you ever seen Christmas? 

Screenshot_20201022-110634.thumb.jpg.c2f579d9d3c172221144935f38275853.jpg

1 The Spitfire wasn't a jet

2 nothing "show our respect" better than a fat man pulling tailored football top emblazoned with a fighter plane over his belly. I'm 100% sure that people killed in battle or seriously injured would much prefer the cost of designing this kit was actually helping folk rather than a massive WE REMEMBUR campaign.

Edited by 101
N idea how I managed to do a strike through on my phone probably when I put an s in square brackets as it's not a direct quote.

6 minutes ago, 101 said:

@poppywatch on twitter??

Aye I saw the "Luftwaffe fan here..." tweet on my timeline and had to see what it was in response to. Some serious inhaling through teeth followed.

6 minutes ago, RiG said:

Aye I saw the "Luftwaffe fan here..." tweet on my timeline and had to see what it was in response to. Some serious inhaling through teeth followed.

Seems to be a new generation following the boomer gamons who have daddy issues about the war and now I think there is a sizable group of younger guys with granddaddy issues. All of them fantasize about the war which is incredibly odd.

1 hour ago, RiG said:

Hartlepool have unveiled a remembrance day shirt.

TWITTER-LSS.thumb.jpg.9a3bf807a0bd939341010a834930312e.jpg

Best response I have seen:

ETA: Ah, @101 posted the same thing as I was typing this up.

Glad to confirm that military pedants are all over this and confirm the plane shown didn't fly in the battle of Britain, almost as if this is an I'll thought out campaign, maybe if they educated folk about the war rather than celebrate it we as a nation would be in a better place.

https://bravenewmalden.com/2017/10/30/full-list-of-rules-pertaining-to-the-wearing-of-poppies/

Q The poppy is an example of wasteful, single-use plastic, isn’t it?
A Yes, but don’t expect the Daily Mail to point this out in their anti-plastic campaign.

Q Does an extra-large poppy signify a personal connection with Britain’s armed forces?
A 
No. It means you’re wearing the one that was supposed to go on your car.