The James McClean Sponsored Poppy Thread

29 minutes ago, Worktheshaft said:
1 hour ago, Day of the Lords said:
PCPlum looks like the "dotting account" of some impotent loser. I'll guess at [mention=62179]LincolnHearts[/mention]

What the f**k is a dotting account?

An alias account that dishes out its full allocation of red dots every day, but barely, if ever, posts

12 hours ago, Angusfifer said:

The mandatory wearing of the poppy is absolutely bollocks. We have to question why it has taken a guy from the most battered part of the empire to challenge this nonsense. 

For that reason , I'm on his side. 

There’s quite a lot to take issue with in that post.

7 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

You seem to be suggesting that the solution to serious historical debates is to ignore them completely in the hope that they'll go away.

What 'serious historical debate' was James McLean having - and with whom - when he took and posted those photographs? 

Again, he never grew up in Derry in the 70's. He never lived through Bloody Sunday. He has been brought up getting it drummed into him and now he's doing it to his children. 
As long as there are folk like him, on both sides, then there's no hope. The antagonising will continue and in turn, the death threats will. 
The only reason the media give it space is to stir it up further. Ignore the lot of them. 
What 'serious historical debate' was James McLean having - and with whom - when he took and posted those photographs? 
Your post at the top seems to be talking about the wider issue, hence my reply.

It's clear that on the basis of that photograph he's almost certainly a knob, and there's no defending that action (although not surprisingly, some folk are simply taking sides and doing just that).

But i was debating the wider issue, and explaining that there are important different perspectives.

The whole thing is quite simple. McLean has got sick of the trolls and abuse and has basically fired back at them, at their own level.

Having done so, he surrenders any high ground in the debate. That's a choice he made, has every right to make and one that we have all probably made at one point or another, to just lower ourselves and rip the pish instead of pointlessly engaging someone who has no intention of actual debate (all of the gammons).

What he did was childish and inflammatory. It's pretty clear why he did it and that he took It into "both sides as bad as the other" territory.

Thus, James McLean is not the correct battleground for any sensible debate over the merits and shortcomings of the IRA or the British Army. That debate can be had without facebook poppy freaks and idiot footballers muddying the waters.

Just now, ali_91 said:

Well come on, it’s a ridiculous point, if he’d posted that picture and then the abuse started you’d be within your rights to say he has nobody to blame but himself, but he’s been vilified in the press and the stands all around England for the best part of 10 years for not wearing a symbol that has strong negative connotations in his home city (and elsewhere in the world.)

His balaclava stunt has very little causation for the abuse, other than maybe moving it away from poppy season this year. It’s victim blaming. 

I'm not repeating myself. Others seem to have understood my point pretfy clearly. If you can't comprehend it then I can't help you I'm afraid. 

Put it this way, would you pose in IRA gear just to "wind up gammons"?

2 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

I'm not repeating myself. Others seem to have understood my point pretfy clearly. If you can't comprehend it then I can't help you I'm afraid. 

Put it this way, would you pose in IRA gear just to "wind up gammons"?

Most of his posing will be done in Sports Direct or Primark gear.

Gammons for the last 10 years: f**k James McClean, if he doesn’t like it here then he can f**k off and play in Ireland. Horrible ****** c**t. Rule Brittania, f**k the Ra.
James McClean in 2020: Posts balaclava picture. 

Gammons in 2020: f**k James McClean, if he doesn’t like it here then he can f**k off and play in Ireland. Horrible ****** c**t. Rule Brittania, f**k the Ra.
DeeMan: Well he’s brought that on himself tbf. 
This is nowhere near a reflection of the debate on here.

Deeman is spot on with this.

5 minutes ago, ali_91 said:

I’m a) not Irish, b) not from a city where the British army murdered 14 innocent civilians and c) not the victim of a hate campaign for the last ten years for not celebrating aforementioned British Army, so no I wouldn’t. 

Do you think he was justified in doing it?

1 minute ago, LincolnHearts said:

Away and fling shite at yersel.

You are a troll and a pretty shit one at that.

Your 2 week ban was nowhere near long enough. 

They should ban you for 2 weeks, and then ban you again forever!

2 minutes ago, MixuFruit said:

Given the IRA had committed to the peace process and Omagh was the hard core's last dying gasp at keeping the conflict going and it ended up accelerating the former this is a low quality take.

The IRA was the IRA, regardless of how it was renamed.

2 minutes ago, ali_91 said:

Child abuse is not something to be used as a means to win an argument.

Please try and better yourself going forward, you appear to be a human being who has a lot to work on. 

No argument here. Merely pointing out facts.