The James McClean Sponsored Poppy Thread

The Poppy cult and associated jingoism ramping up in the last few years is a direct act by the Tories to trick idiots into harking back to times of glory* in order to distract from how fucked the whole place is now. Imagine caring more about flags and poppies than the fact that the party who feeds you this pish is forcing people into poverty and death all around you. The poppy used to be a solemn gesture. It's now reaching "I voted to leave" levels of Idiot marking.

And anyone, no matter who they are, who openly criticises others for not wearing one, argues openly against the right to not wear one, feels the need to post additional remembering on social media etc is without any further question, an idiot.

*pretty pathetic that a war fought nearly 80 years ago and a war fought over 100 years ago is the best we have to look back at.

1 hour ago, ali_91 said:

Can take the boy out of the Derry...

If you’re on the same side as the gammons, you’re on the wrong side my man. 

I'm not on any body's side here. If he wants to antagonise folk then fair enough, don't then go bleating to the media about not liking what people are doing back. 

He's a knob, simple as. Same as the people sending 'death threats'. 

Guaranteed if McLean wasn’t a footballer he’d be the type of guy at Celtic Park every week revelling in singing about the IRA and that. Sure, that would wind the gammons up, but does that make him a sound guy? No. He’s a fanny.
Both sides of a debate can be fannies. That's a valid position to take.

1 minute ago, ali_91 said:

It’s not the ‘same as’ people sending the death threats though, is it?

I said they're knobs, the same as James Mclean. Not that sending death threats to someone was on par with posting photos of teaching your children about paramilitary terrorist organisations. 

4 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

I wouldn't mind him continually wearing a balaclava as he's an ugly c**t. The part that riles is he's drumming it into his children. He thinks it's humerous.

He's part of the problem.

If he doesn't like the abuse, perhaps changing his own ways by not continuing to flame the situation would be a good place to start. Otherwise, long may the abuse continue. 

Costumes have been used to teach children history for as long as I can remember. Can vividly remember people coming into my primary school dressed as folk from WW2.

The mandatory wearing of the poppy is absolutely bollocks. We have to question why it has taken a guy from the most battered part of the empire to challenge this nonsense. 

For that reason , I'm on his side. 

3 minutes ago, spalding said:

Yes, a classy guy

20200718_213021.jpg.78e202069c94990b14f767d4298af52d.jpg

Is this any different to folk coming into primary schools dressed in WW2 clothing?

7 hours ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

People that get annoyed by MacLean are nearly always Tory, Brexity twats who think everyone should have to worship the royal family and that anyone saying anything negative about Britain or Boris is "a traitor". If he winds those sort of twats up then he's alright in my book.

So if you get annoyed at anything he does you're a royal loving tory?  I get his stance on the poppy issue but I now have to vote Tory because of him.being an arse while wearing a balaclava in front of his kids?  How do you get that? 

46 minutes ago, Gaz said:

Is this any different to folk coming into primary schools dressed in WW2 clothing?

Not if you attend primary school in Germany.  He knows what he was  doing and the reaction he would get.  Fair enough not wanting to wear poppy but be is just at the wind up here.  

4 hours ago, Gaz said:

Costumes have been used to teach children history for as long as I can remember. Can vividly remember people coming into my primary school dressed as folk from WW2.

55 minutes ago, Gaz said:

Haha WTF?

3 minutes ago, ali_91 said:

Some very binary thinking going on in here, if 14 innocent people were shot dead in my hometown I don’t think I’d particularly think of those fighting against them as a terrorist organisation either. 

Comparisons to ISIS are miles off. 

What would it take for you to think of them as a terrorist organisation? Would blowing up innocent civilians on numerous occasions do it for you?

1 minute ago, ali_91 said:

Some very binary thinking going on in here, if 14 innocent people were shot dead in my hometown I don’t think I’d particularly think of those fighting against them as a terrorist organisation either. 

Comparisons to ISIS are miles off. 

It was your man Gaz who was making the bizarre analogy of dressing up as historical figures being part of teaching the subject. 

I have sympathy for his stance of not wearing a poppy - he shouldn’t have to. However he’s being deliberately inflammatory by posting pictures like that when he’s playing football in cities where innocent people were blown up by the IRA. Him posting pictures like that doesn’t wind me up, it just makes me think he’s a fanny. He doesn’t deserve death threats because of it though, that goes without saying.