The James McClean Sponsored Poppy Thread

1 hour ago, jamamafegan said:

It’s a shame the poppy isn’t an American thing because you’d get a cracking South Park episode about angry poppy merchants.

The NFL game at Wembley a few years back fell on Rememberance Sunday. The players wore poppies

12 hours ago, Shotgun said:

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaand...he's gone.

Don Cherry fired by Sportsnet over "you people" rant

Thoughts and prayers.

Heads well and truly gone all over the place here after this happened. Cancelled subscriptions, "freedom of speech" "snowflakes" "Why wasn't (democratically re-elected)  Justin Trudeau fired??" Spectacular viewing for one of "those people" like me. 

10 minutes ago, Torpar said:

Heads well and truly gone all over the place here after this happened. Cancelled subscriptions, "freedom of speech" "snowflakes" "Why wasn't (democratically re-elected)  Justin Trudeau fired??" Spectacular viewing for one of "those people" like me. 

It's odd isn't it? When workers are laid off in their thousands in order to improve stock-prices or increase executive bonuses, the right-wing are all in favour of it, or at best, completely silent. One of their own gets dumped for embarrassing their employer and they're outraged.

8 minutes ago, Shotgun said:

It's odd isn't it? When workers are laid off in their thousands in order to improve stock-prices or increase executive bonuses, the right-wing are all in favour of it, or at best, completely silent. One of their own gets dumped for embarrassing their employer and they're outraged.

The rage is delicious! I'm hoping Sportsnet go into full troll mode and bring in the guys from Hockey Night in Punjabi to replace him on Saturday. 

29 minutes ago, Torpar said:

Canada's version of the "Yer Da" crowd are all over comments sections of news articles and (especially) on Facebook making angry comments about "Freedom of speech" completely forgetting that Cherry worked for a private company so he is not protected by those laws

10 minutes ago, Torpar said:

The rage is delicious! I'm hoping Sportsnet go into full troll mode and bring in the guys from Hockey Night in Punjabi to replace him on Saturday. 

That would be amazing

Oh and Hockey night in Punjabi commentators are great entertainment, even if you don't understand Punjabi, sort of like watching South American football with the Spanish language commentators

22 hours ago, Torpar said:

21 hours ago, senorsoupe said:

It's the time of year when Don Cherry is at his most bigoted. If someone told him one of the "you people" was actually a blonde Irish guy (McLean) his head would pop out of his outrageously large collars.

Canada is a country that prides itself on tolerance and inclusion but also gives an 85 year old bigoted blowhard a stump to rant on every Saturday night during hockey season.

I realise this conversation has advanced slightly, but this strikes me as Sportsnet taking an opportunity to punt an increasingly irrelevant and incoherent old man with an easy excuse, rather than trying to get rid of him naturally.