The James McClean Sponsored Poppy Thread

21 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Anyway! https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46125448

A sporting contest involving Britain and Germany always brings a special feel as two great rivals meet.

The Games of Remembrance double header on Thursday, 8 November holds even more significance as military teams from the respective sides meet to mark 100 years since the end of World War One.

Nottingham is playing host to both matches, which are being streamed live on the BBC Sport website and on the Red Button. There will also be live text commentary of both games on the BBC Sport website.

The women's match between the British Army Football Association and the German Bundeswehr gets under way at Notts County's Meadow Lane at 12:00 GMT on Thursday, 8 November.

Nottingham Forest's City Ground then stages the men's fixture at 19:00 GMT.

Nottingham is a decent choice - it has a great resemblance to the battlefields of Europe in the early 1900s

1 hour ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Anyway! https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46125448

A sporting contest involving Britain and Germany always brings a special feel as two great rivals meet.

The Games of Remembrance double header on Thursday, 8 November holds even more significance as military teams from the respective sides meet to mark 100 years since the end of World War One.

Nottingham is playing host to both matches, which are being streamed live on the BBC Sport website and on the Red Button. There will also be live text commentary of both games on the BBC Sport website.

The women's match between the British Army Football Association and the German Bundeswehr gets under way at Notts County's Meadow Lane at 12:00 GMT on Thursday, 8 November.

Nottingham Forest's City Ground then stages the men's fixture at 19:00 GMT.

Two major football games in one city: can the police and authorities cope with this?

2 hours ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

I may be being whooshed here, but I can't find any deleted or hidden post. 

Are you sure you pressed "Submit Reply"? :unsure:

Yup. I'm sure someone gave me a rep point for it as well

I'm glad Gaz's post has disappeared. I gave him an absolute tap in to use his PUNS ARE SHITE line yesterday and he dinghyed it a beauty so I hope all his posts mysteriously disappear in future. 

Thank you. 

39 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

I'm glad Gaz's post has disappeared. I gave him an absolute tap in to use his PUNS ARE SHITE line yesterday and he dinghyed it a beauty so I hope all his posts mysteriously disappear in future. 

Thank you. 

Ha, I actually meant to use that but got totally distracted!

2 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

Remember the war by shoving something in an oven...

ian-vaughan-tweeted-a-picture-of-this-po

That would look ridiculous on your lapel. Or anyone else's for that matter. 

Edited by Dee Man

Meanwhile in Greenock- the local branch of the Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders Association have laid a wreath at the Wellpark war memorial in remembrance of the fallen of the battle of Balaclava in 1854. That is top level remembrance - any instances of remembering further back in time.
#werembermorethanyou[emoji41]