Harry (resigned)

William (yep)

Charles (yep)

William (yep)

Anne (yep)

Edward (yep)

Am I missing anyone? 

If so who might it be and why?

If you're insinuating that it's Prince Andrew, maybe he came disguised as your second Prince William.

She was called to serve and in a life well served, she devoted herself to service. She served the nation with a service unsurpassed.

This one word has been of interest to me for a while and it ties in certain public sector jobs, chiefly the armed forces, to the monarchy.

Why do you serve in the army but merely work for what used to be the GPO, CEGB or British Steel?

21 minutes ago, sophia said:

She was called to serve and in a life well served, she devoted herself to service. She served the nation with a service unsurpassed.

This one word has been of interest to me for a while and it ties in certain public sector jobs, chiefly the armed forces, to the monarchy.

Why do you serve in the army but merely work for what used to be the GPO, CEGB or British Steel?

It's always a weirdo thing.

Comes with a whole host of other weirdo language like wearing civies to mean you put some jeans on instead of your work uniform. 

23 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Comes with a whole host of other weirdo language like wearing civies to mean you put some jeans on instead of your work uniform. 

It’s total cringe when they refer to the real world as “civvy street”. 😬 

22 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

I happen to think it is more than just weird.

I think it is deliberately framed to fool the useful and impressionable to think they are part of a nobility.

Set all that class thing aside and the exceptionalism of the state is laid bare.

418b6738ff1532f0f34c23ad102ff029.jpg

Perhaps something to do with the Oath that they swear on signing up, a solemn pledge of loyalty to the Monarch and all that stuff that dates back to post Cromwell and the English Civil War.
I’m not sure if a rookie Postie from East Kilbride has to swear allegiance to serving Queen & Country on joining the Royal Mail however.

Probably serve in the army because its not that long ago you were simply told you were joining and being sent away to kill/be killed

2 hours ago, 101 said:

Billy Dodds clearly remembering so hard he's forgotten to take his poppy off.

I saw that.

Either his jumper hasn't been through the wash or else he is visually imploring a decision for a coaching role that favours him.