The James McClean Sponsored Poppy Thread

On 04/11/2021 at 14:02, welshbairn said:

It's mostly a load of bollocks though, it's just a poppy like the ones that grew in Northern France before they got blown up.

Yeah, the 11 o'clock thing is bollocks.

https://www.britishlegion.org.uk/stories/how-do-you-wear-your-poppy

Screenshot_20211105-224559_Opera.jpg

15 minutes ago, Small Bovine Maisonette said:

Yeah, the 11 o'clock thing is bollocks.

https://www.britishlegion.org.uk/stories/how-do-you-wear-your-poppy

Screenshot_20211105-224559_Opera.jpg

Should we be proud to wear a poppy? 

Isn't it a mark of respect to the people that have died it should be worn I'm my view out of choice as a quiet mark of respect whist generating funds to help those abandoned by the state, I'm unsure where pride comes into that.

Should we be proud to wear a poppy? 
Isn't it a mark of respect to the people that have died it should be worn I'm my view out of choice as a quiet mark of respect whist generating funds to help those abandoned by the state, I'm unsure where pride comes into that.

“quiet respect” doesn’t alliterate with “poppy” in the same way that “pride” does

"....his daughter has said, as she announced the creation of an new Captain Sir Tom McPoppyface Memorial Charity, with a board of executive directors consisting of her and members of her extended family (directors' salaries, pensions and bonus structure currently undisclosed)"

"....his daughter has said, as she announced the creation of an new Captain Sir Tom McPoppyface Memorial Charity, with a board of executive directors consisting of her and members of her extended family (directors' salaries, pensions and bonus structure currently undisclosed)"

I’m wondering what alcoholic drink they’ll release on the 1st December in his name, considering they released his Gin last year claiming he’d always wanted to produce gin.

I’m going for a very shite Malt.

19 minutes ago, mizfit said:

I’m wondering what alcoholic drink they’ll release on the 1st December in his name, considering they released his Gin last year claiming he’d always wanted to produce gin.

It should be a rum to commemorate his legendary holiday in Barbados.

6 hours ago, mizfit said:

Tasting notes: extra-aged, earthy.