The James McClean Sponsored Poppy Thread

33 minutes ago, Shandön Par said:

The Poppy bus is in service in Edinburgh, though it may just be that it's left over from last year and Lothian buses are too skint to get someone to peel the wrap off the bus. 

74797335_1684952648305218_73702467561651

Seen this on 3 occasions about 3 or 4 weeks ago too. Immediately thought of this thread but couldn't get the phone camera out on time, as it was just too quick.

Gone in the blink of an eye, much like many young souls on the fields of Flanders. Lest we forget.

1 minute ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

Seen this on 3 occasions about 3 or 4 weeks ago too. Immediately thought of this thread but couldn't get the phone camera out on time, as it was just too quick.

Gone in the blink of an eye, much like many young souls on the fields of Flanders. Lest we forget.

Sure I've posted this before but at primary school we went to a nursing home that catered for WW1 veterans. We were to sing them some wartime songs like "Pack up your troubles in your old kit bag". 

Ungrateful old b*****ds just said stuff like "piss off" and "nurse, when are they going home?". Spent ages learning the songs too. 

15 minutes ago, Shandön Par said:

Sure I've posted this before but at primary school we went to a nursing home that catered for WW1 veterans. We were to sing them some wartime songs like "Pack up your troubles in your old kit bag". 

Ungrateful old b*****ds just said stuff like "piss off" and "nurse, when are they going home?". Spent ages learning the songs too. 

In P7, we invited those of WW1 age (or thereabouts) to a Christmas dinner in the school dinner hall and were all told to design a placemat for somebody as an art project.

In my ~11yr wisdom and not knowing much about anything pre-80s, the only thing I could think of was the Beatles and therefore drew the following design, which I have attempted to recreate:

image.png.1e8ba8356c34982daf8535909e30e4a6.png

Bloody teacher threw it in the bin. <_<

1 hour ago, Shandön Par said:

The Poppy bus is in service in Edinburgh, though it may just be that it's left over from last year and Lothian buses are too skint to get someone to peel the wrap off the bus. 

74797335_1684952648305218_73702467561651

Genuinely sitting here with tears in my eyes at the solemn dignity of this.

7 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Genuinely sitting here with tears in my eyes at the solemn dignity of this.

Sorry never put the pic in a spoiler. Appreciate the emotional gravitas at this difficult time could be too much for some of the forum’s most caring members. 

Edited by Shandön Par
Fat thumbs

12 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

In P7, we invited those of WW1 age (or thereabouts) to a Christmas dinner in the school dinner hall and were all told to design a placemat for somebody as an art project.

In my ~11yr wisdom and not knowing much about anything pre-80s, the only thing I could think of was the Beatles and therefore drew the following design, which I have attempted to recreate:

image.png.1e8ba8356c34982daf8535909e30e4a6.png

Bloody teacher threw it in the bin. <_<

Well I think it’s very nice and that your teacher was a c**t. 

On 22/09/2020 at 15:14, Shandön Par said:

Sorry never put the pic in a spoiler. Appreciate the emotional gravitas at this difficult time could be too much for some of the forum’s most caring members. 

Is there much competition for that accolade?