The James McClean Sponsored Poppy Thread

1 minute ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

I realise this conversation has advanced slightly, but this strikes me as Sportsnet taking an opportunity to punt an increasingly irrelevant and incoherent old man with an easy excuse, rather than trying to get rid of him naturally. 

I am sure this played a part in it, I also presume that pressure from the sponsors to punt him played a part 

7 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

I realise this conversation has advanced slightly, but this strikes me as Sportsnet taking an opportunity to punt an increasingly irrelevant and incoherent old man with an easy excuse, rather than trying to get rid of him naturally. 

A stance that P and B should adopt regarding Old Man Danger.

35 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

You mean waiting for him to die?

1 hour ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

I'm sure Sportsnet were secretly delighted they had an excuse to get rid of him, his drunk uncle style rants regarding women, 'French' and European players, First Nations people etc  went unpunished for years. 

1 hour ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Also this, it sounds hilarious

I believe it's a pretty popular, they also recently started Blue Jays: Pinoy Edition where one game a week is broadcast in Tagalog. I'm sure both broadcasts absolutely enrage a lot of "real" Canadians 

• 3 weeks later...