Weekend Betting 30/10 - 02/11

Marshmallo

Stuck £2.50 on this lot. Returns £80.

Crystal Palace vs Man Utd

Watford vs West Ham

MK Dons vs Hull

Wigan vs Swindon

Carlisle vs Yeovil

£2.50 on this would return £125 or, in my case, bugger all...

Thistle vs Hearts

Alloa vs QOS

Dumbarton vs Morton

Ayr vs Stranraer

Elgin vs Arbroath

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hearts at 2.8 (currently on Betfair). In addition to Marshallo's explanation above, it's now confirmed that we'll be missing Tomas Cerny for 4-6 weeks, obviously including this game. He's been massive for us so far this season with some excellent performances, and his replacement will be Ryan Scully, who despite good reviews from Dunfermline fans, is totally untested at this level. I guess we'll see how big the step up from League One to the Premiership really is for him, but even if it was Cerny in goals, I'd think Hearts are great value here. Would probably have them at about 2.5 myself.

Went for trebles among Stoke, Gillingham, Ross County, Hearts, Raith. Not entirely sure why as I don't usually bet like that but see how it goes :lol:

Acca on West Ham, Hull, Ayr and Stirling also so far.

-

Went a bit daft this week, been putting them on here and there:

Hearts, Arbroath, West Ham, Hull - £7.50 for £352

Ross County, Queens Park, Killie, East Fife - £6 for £145

Ayr -1, Wigan -1, Plymouth -1, Sheff United -1, £2.50 for £114

Burnley, Peterhead, Portsmouth, QOS, Brighton - £2.50 for £158

Ross Caldwell FGS Ayr to win 4-1 £1.50 @ 90/1

Anytime Goal scorers – Jose Baxter, Abel Hernandez, Lucas Joao, Ross Caldwell - £3 for £191

We've been very much a game management side of late, getting the lead and seeing it out. I also don't think we've won a game away from home by more than one goal all season. If we win, it will tight IMO.

Fancy Forfar, as Brechin just aren't very good right now.

Backed Ayr on Sunday when the 10/11 came up.

Expected it to be gone by Monday morning. Surprised massively it’s still available.

The only justifications for it being are Stranraer’s dominance of the fixture over the past 2 seasons, Stranraer recording 2 very impressive away wins of late and overall having a vastly superior away record to that at home and finally that anyone in attendance at the reverse fixture earlier this season at Stair Park will struggle to comprehend how Stranraer didn’t win let alone lost. They absolutely dominated the first half and had several agonising near misses.

The only other factor could be that over the years whenever I back against Stranraer they tend to pull a rabbit out of the hat! Hope this is another occasion!

All this being said, I expect Ayr to win and 10/11 should probably be 8/13. Incredible value. If this was Dunfermline v Stranraer, the Pars would be 1/3. Aye are certainly not so much inferior based on the seasons performances and results to date.

Ayr finally been smashed in, best price 1.62 now. Wee bit tempting for a lay now, f**k it. GAAAMMMBBLLLEEEE

Archived