The Angus Derby - 31/10/15

I'm guessing this number 10 is Isaac Layne? Good to see him get a chance and a run of games will do him good.

Absolutely lethal in the development league.

yeah it was looks a good player beat his man every time just a shame he didn't get a goal deserved one

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Scott Martin 18 year old emergency signing from Hibs was by far our best player. All our seasoned players should look at his contribution and be ashamed. The players sent off showed a lack of respect for the Manager, teammates and supporters. If they don't want to play for Forfar they should stay at home!

Scott Martin 18 year old emergency signing from Hibs was by far our best player. All our seasoned players should look at his contribution and be ashamed. The players sent off showed a lack of respect for the Manager, teammates and supporters. If they don't want to play for Forfar they should stay at home!

Agree, given our injuries both Young and TOB have let us down badly with their discipline for next week as well. Just a grim game all round, would not be surprised if these are the bottom two sides.

I heard the players were away to a party after that disgraceful effort in the afternoon. I hope they had a pleasant evening.

2 poor teams out there today not a lot of football on show with both teams just wanting to kick lumps out of each other.It will be a long time before we see nice free flowing football at the glebe with Dodds in charge.Everybody seems to think Dodds will not be sacked so I think we will be relegated and shows lack of ambition by the board if this happens.

Some folk are never happy! We won a difficult fixture (which we all thought we would lose) by showing great determination and effort. There was no chance of free flowing football against a team whose preferred method is clogging - how the ref missed Youngs stamp and threatening behaviour to a player on the ground from 4 yards away beggars belief.

Let's get behind our club .

Agree, given our injuries both Young and TOB have let us down badly with their discipline for next week as well. Just a grim game all round, would not be surprised if these are the bottom two sides.

Travis and Dunlop expected back next week. I suspect they'll be thrown straight in given the suspensions picked up. I hope Baxter's injury is just a wee tweak that he can recover from for next game.

Some folk are never happy! We won a difficult fixture (which we all thought we would lose) by showing great determination and effort. There was no chance of free flowing football against a team whose preferred method is clogging - how the ref missed Youngs stamp and threatening behaviour to a player on the ground from 4 yards away beggars belief.

Let's get behind our club .

Happy to get 3 points will be happier when we can play the free flowing football of past season but can't see it under Dodds and the dwindling crowds at the Glebe seem to agree with me.Looking forward to visiting Links Park next season if Montrose don't get promotion.

Can't believe some of the negativity on here. Yes this season hasn't gone to plan thus far and the last couple of performances had been poor but we've just gone and beaten our local rivals away from home so let's focus on the positives!

Yes it was a defensive looking team we had out but everyone stuck to their jobs and we earned a well deserved clean sheet. The defence was excellent, Tiger looked more like his normal self, McCormack was excellent in the middle of the park (must mention that having criticised him in that position last week) and Jackson and Layne upfront ran themselves into the ground. Layne in particular was a real handful, an impressive debut from him.

We need to follow this up with a positive result against Ayr next week before our crunch game against Cowden the following week.

Can't believe some of the negativity on here. Yes this season hasn't gone to plan thus far and the last couple of performances had been poor but we've just gone and beaten our local rivals away from home so let's focus on the positives!

Yes it was a defensive looking team we had out but everyone stuck to their jobs and we earned a well deserved clean sheet. The defence was excellent, Tiger looked more like his normal self, McCormack was excellent in the middle of the park (must mention that having criticised him in that position last week) and Jackson and Layne upfront ran themselves into the ground. Layne in particular was a real handful, an impressive debut from him.

We need to follow this up with a positive result against Ayr next week before our crunch game against Cowden the following week.

Is it a coincidence that the recent games we have picked up points was when Dods has been in the defence ? I don't think so. When Bates came in, you could see a marked improvement in Dods' performance. .....Yes he still launched the ball at times but he also found time to organise and talk to players to keep formation etc.

Perhaps this on pitch coaching was lacking in the last 2 games as it sounds as if all the slackers picked their game up again yesterday.

I didn't make the game but the reports I have heard from pals have all been very positive. The lad Layne looks like the spark we have been lacking up front. By all accounts he worked really well with Jacko and also linked with Tiger in midfield.

I personally would have been delighted had we been totally outplayed and got a last minute disputed penalty against Farfar but by all accounts we deserved the win. Just have to show the same fight against Ayr on Saturday now to show that it was no fluke result .

What a signing that is

I'm one who's criticised tactics lately and a fast dwindling support as well but although there was not much flair yesterday the will to win was unbelievable and that's all I want to see ! Don t want to go down without a fight !Isaac done well but very one footed had he a left peg he could ve had a hat trick wonder if we played him on right instead ? .? As for Farfar does anyone think Fozzy was put on just to stir thing s up as he certainly succeeded ! A good player who should be used for what he's good at in my opinion ! I'm sure Dicks got it in for a Tiger I ve seen in previous Derbys Dick giving him verbals !! Saying that I m sure Farfars bad run ll come to an end soon too many good players

I'm one who's criticised tactics lately and a fast dwindling support as well but although there was not much flair yesterday the will to win was unbelievable and that's all I want to see ! Don t want to go down without a fight !Isaac done well but very one footed had he a left peg he could ve had a hat trick wonder if we played him on right instead ? .? As for Farfar does anyone think Fozzy was put on just to stir thing s up as he certainly succeeded ! A good player who should be used for what he's good at in my opinion ! I'm sure Dicks got it in for a Tiger I ve seen in previous Derbys Dick giving him verbals !! Saying that I m sure Farfars bad run ll come to an end soon too many good players

Foxy got clattered a minute after walking on the park, I suspect that's what stirred him up to be honest.

I'll agree with the point that he should be played where his strengths are. There's an empty spot in the middle of the park next week, I hope he's put in it.

Dod's clearly learned a bit at his time at Forfar then.

Both reds were warranted but some shocking and cynical tackles from Brechin that were worthy of more than what the ref gave.

Struggling to think when we put in a tackle that was either shocking or cynical. Fouls yes but not much more than that. Young should have walked earlier for a stamp and then sticking his head into Dodds - regardless of how soft the head comes in you can not do it.

2 poor teams out there today not a lot of football on show with both teams just wanting to kick lumps out of each other.It will be a long time before we see nice free flowing football at the glebe with Dodds in charge.Everybody seems to think Dodds will not be sacked so I think we will be relegated and shows lack of ambition by the board if this happens.

Happy to get 3 points will be happier when we can play the free flowing football of past season but can't see it under Dodds and the dwindling crowds at the Glebe seem to agree with me.Looking forward to visiting Links Park next season if Montrose don't get promotion.

City die hard you are never happy. A derby game is never going to be flowing football and considering all the players we lost last year who would go at players this not likely to happen. Considering our previous performance's where critics have been saying we have no shape and nobody knows what they are doing combined with losing games I thought the opposite on Saturday. We had a very clear shape with everyone sticking at it and doing what hey were supposed to. It is also clear to me that the team / squad are very much still together - look at the response at the end.

Yes it was not that pretty to watch but the important thing for us just now is to get results, build confidence and move away from the bottom of the table.

try and look for some positives.

Struggling to think when we put in a tackle that was either shocking or cynical. Fouls yes but not much more than that. Young should have walked earlier for a stamp and then sticking his head into Dodds - regardless of how soft the head comes in you can not do it.

First half Denholm breaking clear on the left wing, right mid tried to bring him down after he was skinned.

Brechin got pretty dirty with 20 minutes to go, round about the same time you got 4 bookings all for bad tackles.

Previously mentioned that Foxy was only on the park 1 minute when he was absolutely clattered by the same right mid that tried to take out Denholm.

Also previously mentioned that Young was lucky not to be sent off earlier.

Archived