The Angus Derby - 31/10/15

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great so the solution to our striking problem is to bring in a dude fro another part time team who is not getting a game for said part time team. The beer will be on stand by for my return from Forfar as can see nothing more than resounding home victory.

Wrong on both counts!!!!

Nvr ever seen that coming ! 3 pts down to sheer hard work ! After slating them last few weeks I ve got to give credit where it's due ! Even Stevens till sending off we score then we get deeper n deeper a few near things but seen worse ! Well done lads no failures Isaac made a difference and will get better with more games

Great so the solution to our striking problem is to bring in a dude fro another part time team who is not getting a game for said part time team. The beer will be on stand by for my return from Forfar as can see nothing more than resounding home victory.

I am eating my words and happy to do so. Issac did fine but the whole team were up for it and it made a difference having two up top. Was not the greatest performance but at least we had a shape, discipline and worked hard.

Forfar looked like a Dicks team - kick the f**k out of them.

well done to all and to Jackson for scoring too. Now just to follow it up next week.

Forfar looked like a Dicks team - kick the f**k out of them.

Dod's clearly learned a bit at his time at Forfar then.

Both reds were warranted but some shocking and cynical tackles from Brechin that were worthy of more than what the ref gave.

2 poor teams out there today not a lot of football on show with both teams just wanting to kick lumps out of each other.It will be a long time before we see nice free flowing football at the glebe with Dodds in charge.Everybody seems to think Dodds will not be sacked so I think we will be relegated and shows lack of ambition by the board if this happens.

The difference between last season n this season was in my opinion summed up a couple times when Tiffany playing in much same position as Trouton would ve Got the the ball edge of box and just ran into trouble where Trouts would ve ghosted past a few players n shot ! And Dods was just hoofing it anywhere when at times a pass along the deck was prob his best option ! Just me bein over critical though !

You can t argue with Youngs red 3 bad tackles one of which he stood on Dods chest !!!! What was 2nd guy red carded for ?

It's been mentioned 2 poor teams today's performance compared to last week was night n day that's how bad we ve been lately and why we were all very very negative!!

Today was absolutely dire, but one has to ask, what is going on? At one point we has Ian screaming in one direction, and Dick screaming in the opposite at the same time. How are the players supposed to respond to that? We have a good side there, there is no doubt about that, but why are they so jittery? Why was Young not hauled off when it was obvious what was going to happen? Is there a problem in the dressing room? I'm beginning to wonder. Ok, to harp on, until we get a dedicated striker, we have a major problem. Don't get on to Swankie, Denholm and Sanny, do you not think that they are not fed up putting balls over to nobody? They are feeders, not goalscorers. Sanny in particular is doing a marvellous job of holding the ball up on the edge of the box, and is getting pelters because there is not a soul to put it to, and is being left as the patsy at the end of it. A grip has got to be got, and soon.

On a lighter note, Brechin's new lad, no. 10, was for me man of the match. He'll take a wee while to settle in, maybe, but he's a good one.

What was 2nd guy red carded for ?

He slapped Dods on the back of the head after Dods blocked him and elbowed him in the chest. Frustration and inexperience on TOB's part, the opposite on Dods.

Indiscipline and not playing to the whistle made Forfar's poor form even more frustrating. A dire game won by the team who rolled up their sleeves.

I didn't see Young standing on Dods' chest, he lay on top of him and tried to get off but the big man held him and back. Young tried winding him up but lost that battle.....

He slapped Dods on the back of the head after Dods blocked him and elbowed him in the chest. Frustration and inexperience on TOB's part, the opposite on Dods.

Indiscipline and not playing to the whistle made Forfar's poor form even more frustrating. A dire game won by the team who rolled up their sleeves.

I didn't see Young standing on Dods' chest, he lay on top of him and tried to get off but the big man held him and back. Young tried winding him up but lost that battle.....

Young was lucky to stay on the park after the stamp, to be honest. Dod's was his usual wind-up merchant self, many a booking and red card for opposition players when he was at Station Park, the Forfar lads should have been well drilled for those antics but looked very naive.

I'm guessing this number 10 is Isaac Layne? Good to see him get a chance and a run of games will do him good.

Absolutely lethal in the development league.

Archived