Wings fined by electoral commission

Mr Rational

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And if the readership of those newspapers were pro independence, those newspapers would have been pro independence too.

Its not that the readers are pro or not, its just that they don't think too deeply.

The Sunday Post.

Maybe that's too harsh, perhaps they are just lazily habitual in their purchases and belief that "the papers" have the high ground.

I trust Wings more than the BBC. That said, I'm not a huge fan of Stuart Campbell, he can be a bit of a dick but he fills a pretty big gap in the market for pro indy journalism.

The WBB wasn't torn apart, ever. There were counter claims made which were equally debateable. Of course, if you have a functioning brain, you should be able to read all sides of an argument and draw your own conclusions. I think anyone living in Scotland would be a fool to completely ignore the journalism provided by Wings.

That said, he needs to up his game when it comes to accounting!

I remember the Herald BTL filter would pick up anything mentioning WoS and dinghy the comment. Now he's the top story on the online site!

Yes, he can be strident at times but I can't agree with ad-lib. He's an asset to the indy cause. The posts are generally well written, researched and referenced and most of all, entertaining.

He's got a huge following and they fear him as a result of his influence. I'm sure he'll be laughing up his sleeve at the free publicity as Oscar said "the only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about."

Good c**t for a dons fan I think!

Agree with the sentiments on here, the Rev does come across as a bit of a dick sometimes and I wish he would step back from some of his twitter feuds. But then again look at the venerated hacks he spends his time slapping about and he is a model human being in comparison.

He fulfills a vital role. With a supine broadcast media, a newspaper industry in the last few disgraceful years of its eventual demise and, as far as I can tell, absolutely f**k all coming out of the levenson enquiry to stop a newspaper printing just bollocks. We need wings and are a better informed, more able electorate because of him.

And he's a massive Dandy so he must be a good c**t.

Agree with the sentiments on here, the Rev does come across as a bit of a dick sometimes and I wish he would step back from some of his twitter feuds. But then again look at the venerated hacks he spends his time slapping about and he is a model human being in comparison.

He fulfills a vital role. With a supine broadcast media, a newspaper industry in the last few disgraceful years of its eventual demise and, as far as I can tell, absolutely f**k all coming out of the levenson enquiry to stop a newspaper printing just bollocks. We need wings and are a better informed, more able electorate because of him.

And he's a massive Dandy so he must be a good c**t.

Always suspected he had something to do with this:

post-20211-1446020841013_thumb.jpg

I've never read his blog so can't comment, but seen some of his tweets. He seems to get himself involved in a few right spats on there and doesn't come across well at times. Then again the majority of twitter independence arguments seem to be like that.

I've never read his blog

I suspect many Unionists will share this with you.

Agreed that he does get involved in too many Twitter spats. That said, he does have to put up with some utter f**k knuckles.

Always suspected he had something to do with this:

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByPie & Bovril1446020839.615899.jpg

I've never read his blog so can't comment, but seen some of his tweets. He seems to get himself involved in a few right spats on there and doesn't come across well at times. Then again the majority of twitter independence arguments seem to be like that.

Unacceptable bannerage.

Read his blogs, they're worthwhile. Like all things you don't have to agree with his opinion, but the bare information is usually pretty unarguable.

If you think that a guy who is a proven transphobe and has blamed innocent football fans and victims for the Hillsborough disaster is an 'asset' to the independence movement, then I would argue you're mistaken.

“Hillsborough could have happened at almost any ground in the country in the late 1980s, but Liverpool’s fans must shoulder a disproportionate share of the blame for the existence of the fateful fences, which in part arose from their murderous actions at Heysel Stadium four years earlier.”

http://athousandflowers.net/2013/09/01/weekly-w****r-017-wings-over-scotland/

https://ahdinnaeken.wordpress.com/2013/08/28/attention-all-idiot-wings-over-scotland-fans-hillsborough/

If you think that a guy who is a proven transphobe and has blamed innocent football fans and victims for the Hillsborough disaster is an 'asset' to the independence movement, then I would argue you're mistaken.

http://athousandflowers.net/2013/09/01/weekly-w****r-017-wings-over-scotland/

https://ahdinnaeken.wordpress.com/2013/08/28/attention-all-idiot-wings-over-scotland-fans-hillsborough/

I know this shouldn't alter my opinion of him but the fact AThousandFlowers.net dislike him makes me think he can't be all bad.

Do you think the article is wrong, then?

Some of it, yes. I think he is perfectly entitled to refer to Chelsea Manning as 'he' rather than 'she' if he wishes to. I personally wouldn't, but I think he's entitled to. The article seems to imply that he and other 'cisgender' people don't have the right to, with no reasonable argument as to why. He is perfectly entitled to believe than trans women are not in fact women, again I would disagree with it, but I do not think it is akin to 'murder' as that blog implies, nor do I think his twitter feed constitutes a hate crime. He's got an opinion on a very complex subject and he is perfectly entitled to it, and being 'cis' makes no difference whatsoever to this.

Archived