Wings fined by electoral commission

Mr Rational

19 minutes ago, ScotSquid said:

Right, so she herself should be trying to cure cancer , rather than just donating millions to allow those qualified to do so?

What exactly is your issue with JK Rowling? That she uses Twitter?

Never mentioned cancer either, I really don't give a fcuk about Rowling, I just find it quite sad that someone that has managed to get herself into a very healthy financial position feels the need to attention seek on social media rather than using the leverage she's built up to do things to aid those less fortunate than herself, she can do as she pleases with both her time and her money but bullying folk on social media isn't really the sort of aim I thought those seeking fame and/or fortune held. 

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Right, so she herself should be trying to cure cancer , rather than just donating millions to allow those qualified to do so?

What exactly is your issue with JK Rowling? That she uses Twitter?

She could probably spend less time on Twitter sending her millions of followers after people who have tepid takes on what Dumbledore would have done in the Labour leadership contest.

Yes, she could for example donate millions to universities for medical research for example.

Oh wait. She does.

You can criticise Rowling for many things but not using her wealth for philanthropic purposes isn't one of them.

Is that the 10 million given to the MS society in 2010 to find research at Edinburgh university ? And how long did it take for her to spit the dummy, fall out with them and take her ball home when she felt underappreciated.

• 11 months later...

Archived