Noise cancelling headphones

Booker_d

Thinking about investing in a set of these due to the amount of flying I do these days. Does anyone use them and can anyone recommend any particular brands? I see a lot of talk of BOSE but as a clumsy cheapskate I'd prefer to get something cheaper/mid-ranged.

Thinking about investing in a set of these due to the amount of flying I do these days. Does anyone use them and can anyone recommend any particular brands? I see a lot of talk of BOSE but as a clumsy cheapskate I'd prefer to get something cheaper/mid-ranged.

I have Bose ones and they are brilliant.

These all received excellent reviews from WhatHiFi.

Goldring NS1000 - £69.95

Lindy NC40 - £39.98

Klipsch M40 - £149.90

JVC HANC250 - £74,99

Options at a few different price points, although if you were going to buy the Klipsch ones I'd see if you can try them, or a similar model somewhere like Richersounds first as the reviews comment the fit and weight weren't to all tastes. If you're going to spend three figures on them you're probably best going to a shop and trying to test them, make sure to use your own music, something you'll be listening to a lot. Some places, BOSE retailers probably being the worst, are reluctant to let you audition equipment using anything other than their own pre-approved material...

If a tree falls in the rainforest and the only person nearby is wearing noise cancelling headphones, did it really fall?

Yes. And it doesn't disturb your movie or music when it does.

Great advice here, thanks everyone. Which brings me to my next question, how do you store them in your hand luggage (soundmagic ones apart obviously)? Or do you keep them round your neck or whatever? As mentioned previously I'm a bit of a clumsy oaf and the inevitability of me breaking them is what is putting me off spending too much money? Or are they more durable than I'm giving them credit for?

Yes. And it doesn't disturb your movie or music when it does.

Great advice here, thanks everyone. Which brings me to my next question, how do you store them in your hand luggage (soundmagic ones apart obviously)? Or do you keep them round your neck or whatever? As mentioned previously I'm a bit of a clumsy oaf and the inevitability of me breaking them is what is putting me off spending too much money? Or are they more durable than I'm giving them credit for?

Mines came in a hard case with a zip round it. Had them about a year and still in perfect condition.

Archived