Hellowe'en Horrors: Thistle vs Hearts

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What's concerning, thinking on it now, is the level of apathy from pretty much all concerned (players and fans) at 1-0, 2-0, 3-0, 4-0... just dead silence and half-hearted tackles/passes to go through the motions, and nobody willing to take the game by the scruff of the neck to draw us back into it.

Starting to think Pogba might be a bit mince tbh, him checking back after a Hearts defender misjudged the bounce of a long ball to slow the attack down and get about 5 hearts players back was ridiculous - he either isn't confident enough to drive forward in those situations or he isn't quick enough. Either way we'd be better served with someone else in there - does Lyle Taylor have a more gifted brother we could try to sign?

That second goal was farcical. Weak tackle by Bannigan, weak defending by Lindsay, weak goalkeeping by Scully... Schoolboy stuff at times.

Didn't think Dumbuya was all that great but still one of our better players, he likes taking an awful lot of risks in possession though...

That second goal was farcical. Weak tackle by Bannigan, weak defending by Lindsay, weak goalkeeping by Scully... Schoolboy stuff at times.

Hate when players don't win the ball with a tackle so just sit on their arse, literally, and just watch them waltz away with the ball.

We're fucking gang. We look like we are relegated already.

Even if we miraculously manage to finish 2nd bottom, Hibs or Rangers or even Raith Rovers would totally bum us.

James Craigen to score against us in the play off to send us down.

On to the topic of relegation, and not I'm honestly not meaning to patronise, I genuinely hope Partick stay up. There are far inferior clubs in the division and the league would be better with you in it.

On the evidence so far however, I fear for you.

Hopefully you can get your shit together.

Massive gulf in class between the two teams was evident today. Thought Thistle were very good first half and the first goal was unlucky. Second goal being conceded so early after half time totally killed us because that was when the heads went down and we just gave up. Dumbuya had a great game as per, Amoo and Lawless were good and I actually thought Lindsay had a great first half. Lindsay needs to have a bit of self-confidence though because as soon as he makes one mistake his head goes straight down and horrible to watch. Scully had a terrible game as far as I'm concerned. Made one good save before the first goal and aside from that flapped at everything, including one where he palmed it straight into the middle of the six-yard box. His sending off is a blessing in disguise as Gallacher is a more solid option. Scully to be papped out on loan to a Championship team in January to learn how to be a goalkeeper at a higher level. Actually felt far more confident with Stevenson in goals. Welsh's best game this season since he didnt actually do anything. Maybe one day he'll get dropped. Pogba is utter muck as well.

Thought Hearts looked very good though. Nicholson had the ref in his back pocket with his Oscar-winning performance today, but aside from that, looked as if they would score every time they went forward. Osman Sow is absolutely quality.

Total heads gone, foaming at the mouth material etc but I'm quite worried for where we'll finish this season. The next two months are massive as we play pretty much every team who will likely be finishing in and around (or above :( ) us so we'll have a far better indication of where we'll most likely finish at the end of the season come the turn of the year.

Graham Mustapha has been excellent but wouldn't describe him as anything other than ok yesterday- though better than most of the others.

Amoo was not good, he clearly has speed and talent but the only thing he was good at was shirking tackles and avoiding using his speed on the wing and trying to overlap the Hearts players I don't know why he completely bottles out almost every time.

Agree though with rest of the points in your post

Scully must be terrible if fans of utter dross like Stenhousemuir are coming up to the big boys forum to tell us he's shite.

Give it a few years and Scully will be turning out for juniors.

Well that took a turn for the worse...

First half an hour, Hearts were on the back foot, and we looked like we might actually do something. The attempt to actually try and play football rather than whatever we were doing against Hamilton last week paid dividends. But then Hearts went ahead, and from that moment it was just misery. We did our usual disappearing act, and Hearts grew and grew. Between the second and third goals they stepped up to the much higher gear that they're capable of, and left us no chance.

Scully - doesn't look cut out for this level. Made a few good saves, but seems to love a punch. Not sure if he could've caught the first goal, but tough to blame him given that not one of our players decided to help him out. His lunge for the red card was stupid at best - that's the sort of thing you do when you're defending a lead in the last minute, not already 3-0 down. What sort of ban will he get for that? With the international break, if it's anything more than a game, Cerny could be close to being back. I doubt we'll see Scully again this season.

Seaborne - looked good again, but came off with an injury. Not saying he's irreplacable, but could do without him being out for a spell

Dumbuya - Still looks our brightest prospect. Deficiencies are probably masked by the fact that he can run very very fast, but in a team with as little pace as we have, that's a good thing.

Welsh - was playing OK when we were playing well, but put in an all-too-familiar performance once we went behind. Really needs a spell out of the team. As someone said, Fraser will be even more raging than usual to not be given a chance.

Osman - probably no coincidence that we looked better when he was in the team. Wasn't enough though.

Pogba - I know I've said before how I don't rate him, and others disagreed, but it was another pretty hopeless performance on Saturday. He did well to judge the flight of the ball on the halfway line when the Hearts defender didn't, but can anyone seriously argue that Doolan wouldn't have made something more of that chance than Pogba running in treacle, then eventually turning back? I'm not saying that we play Doolan and suddenly we're top 6, but Pogba isn't working. He looks slow, lumbering, and has a dreadful touch a lot of the time. Remember Taylor? He was well good, wasn't he? :(

At the end of the day, we probably shouldn't have expected to get too much from Hearts. Had we scored when we were on top early on, who knows, but they still have more quality than we do. We've got a tough game against Dundee coming up, but so do Dundee United away at Aberdeen. We shouldn't be bottom by the break, but if we are, it'll be our own fault. Still a long way to go yet.

Think scully was unlucky saturday tbh. Made decent enough save before first goal pushing it wide but the defending from the cross was honking.. Then the defending from Lindsay for the 2nd and 3rd was shocking and your always going to bet on the striker scoring one on one. His red card was very silly but something that can be fixed as he is only 23.

These mistakes are likely to happen with a 20 year old centre half and 23 year old keeper.

Feel bad for Scully. Was superb for us last season but he wasn't facing good teams like Hearts each week, he was only having to keep out utter dross like Stenhousemuir and Stirling Albion.

What surprised me is how bad he was at the basic things. I'd have expected him to maybe struggle with crosses into a crowded area or something like that in which you could understand why it might be tougher at a higher level. But he left numerous balls that were clearly his, had absolutely no communication with his CBs and seems to want to parry the ball back into dangerous areas.

What surprised me is how bad he was at the basic things. I'd have expected him to maybe struggle with crosses into a crowded area or something like that in which you could understand why it might be tougher at a higher level. But he left numerous balls that were clearly his, had absolutely no communication with his CBs and seems to want to parry the ball back into dangerous areas.

100%.

I'd like to see what our stats are with Scully playing and goals conceded. The average must be more than 1 per game.

I think it's a bit harsh to be judging Scully as not good enough for this level just yet. He was thrown right in the deep end and is very young for a keeper. He was pish but he has many years to go.

Archived