Celtic v Aberdeen 31-10-15

I'm sure it'll be a few months of dreadful results before questions are asked of a good ol' boy like McInnes.

^^^^ team won and still is dwelling on paranoia. He made 35 appearances for them in 5 years, for Christ's sake!

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a day. Sheep taught another lesson.

Ryan Jack looking every inch the player Dobs fans claim is better than Brown and should be in the Scotland squad. Lol.

I watched the game on TV. Gordon Strachan said he has not watched Griffiths much over the last two years. He was impressed that the Thumb had become a striker that scares defenders with his mere presence.

If the Scotland manager has not been watching Griffiths much in the last two years, why the f**k not?

To be fair we should have been at least 3 up before the Motherwell goal then panicked last week

We were fine today up until the goal on half time and then the usual 2nd half collapse came after Taylor let the team down.

So in that respect I agree with him.

The reaction to our form by other clubs is laughable. DM is also right that our aim is to get closer. That is all we can do.

Having said that, if we dont beat United next week then I might change my opinion, but no need to over react about McInnes just now.

Agree with all this. If we are not 2nd at Christmas, then I will start to worry.

I watched the game on TV. Gordon Strachan said he has not watched Griffiths much over the last two years. He was impressed that the Thumb had become a striker that scares defenders with his mere presence.

If the Scotland manager has not been watching Griffiths much in the last two years, why the f**k not?

He was asked about Griffiths and Scotland, and said something about it being an unfair question because "other players in his position are on form."

Who, Fletcher? On form?

He was asked about Griffiths and Scotland, and said something about it being an unfair question because "other players in his position are on form."

Who, Fletcher? On form?

He's scored about 6 in his last 5 games (this is a slight guess but I know he's been scoring for Sunderland recently as well as that stellar, law-esque international hat-trick).

I'm sure it'll be a few months of dreadful results before questions are asked of a good ol' boy like McInnes.

I see you're back on here, I'd still like an answer to my question if it's alright. Otherwise no worries.

It's one of the things he specifically worked on last season. Scored a few at the end of last season too. Deila has handled Griffiths brilliantly, he was always a good finisher, but has added a lot to his game in the last year.

Griffiths hasn't looked back since scoring in LC semi last season. This time last season Deila wasn't playing him. My view is totally different in that I think Griffiths' goals went a long way to save Deila when he was struggling upto last Christmas.

Griffiths always came with a guarantee of domestic goals - just look at his Hibs record.

He's scored about 6 in his last 5 games (this is a slight guess but I know he's been scoring for Sunderland recently as well as that stellar, law-esque international hat-trick).

Scoring for Sunderland in the last few weeks is irrelevant. He kept Griffiths out of the team for the whole campaign despite blatantly not being in form, which goes directly against what Strachan is saying.

Griffiths had a load of chances today, he wouldn't get that many for Scotland. And I'd fancy Fletcher to score a similar amount for Celtic if he was to swap positions with Griffiths. Griffiths is probably our 3rd best option imo after Fletcher and Naismith, he may well be our number 9 one day but not at the moment.

1 point from 15, crisis time at Aberdeen.

Who's going to replace McInnes?

I don't think there are any better candidates for Aberdeen. Footballs high n lows. All about riding out the bad spell nothing more.

Probably cause he is fed up with off the field antics for being a knob

Standard defeat at Parkhead. Create a big chance, miss it, Celtic begin to dominate, lose cheap goal right on half time, idiotic error for a second and from there just hoist the white flag of surrender. Celtic deserved it totally.

As for us, I know Flood is just back from injury but surely it'd have been far more sensible to let Reynolds and Taylor continue at centre half, move Shinnie to left back and put Flood into midfield? Again, we change the centre halves during a game and concede cheap goals from it. Cannot emphasise how big a factor that is in our current run of form, the constant changes in the heart of our defence. We need to settle the centre of defence down but moving Reynolds out of there and putting Quinn in had a very disruptive effect.

In fairness, Ward and Shinnie deserve credit for showing a bit of fight and quality. The rest of our team, meek. Not going to single individuals out too much, my only note here would be Kenny McLean really looks devoid of confidence, and we're struggling to run at teams with him playing behind the striker currently. Perhaps needs a spell on the bench.

As it is, another write off of a game in the East End. Wouldn't be annoyed if we showed fight but that was another meek surrender yesterday. Very disappointing.

Tbf to the sheep they were right in it up until Griffiths scored and arguably had the best chances. Rooney should've scored with that header. Their heads went down in the 2nd half once the 2nd goal went in which shows their confidence is low but they quite impressed me playing on the break in the first half. If they can regain their confidence then I think they are still clearly the best team in the league after Celtic and will finish 2nd

A good ol' boy (in this context) is a Scottish manager who has spent spent his playing and coaching career achieving little in this wee bubble, who has cooried up to the media at every opportunity and who has been earmarked as a possible future manager of Triggers' Broom FC. As a result of all of these factors they are fairly free from criticism, at least for a much longer period than your average manager, unless they make a total and utter McCoist of things.

A good ol' boy (in this context) is a Scottish manager who has spent spent his playing and coaching career achieving little in this wee bubble, who has cooried up to the media at every opportunity and who has been earmarked as a possible future manager of Triggers' Broom FC. As a result of all of these factors they are fairly free from criticism, at least for a much longer period than your average manager, unless they make a total and utter McCoist of things.

Cringe.

I take it Jackie McNamara is also a "good ol' boy" given he fits the same criteria, minus all the cringeworthy Rangers stuff in the post that is.

So Jackie MacNamara fits all of the criteria apart from some of the criteria?

Archived