Celtic v Aberdeen 31-10-15

McInnes has done a stellar job at Aberdeen, no doubt about it, a few years ago they were the proverbial 'succesful in the past but now a bit of a laughing stock' club, an accollade now resident at Easter Road, Edinburgh

Someone made a point a few days ago that after a blistering start all those early Euro qualifiers in scorching heat and mammoth journeys may be catching up with them a bit hence the recent slump, only he will know that but they will still finish second, by some distance and id expect them to be withing a single points figure of Celtic in May

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't understand why Celtic fans still have faith that Ronny is the man for the job... Yet to do anything that makes me thing he knows what he's doing.

Anyway... Broonie is still out, massive blow he was awesome against Motherwell and Dundee Utd, shame he picked up the injury while in such great form...

Would like to see this midfield, Armstrong & Bitton holding and Commons, Allan & GMS in behind Grif... Won't happen, best I can hope for is Bitton & Teachers Pet holding with Commons. GMS & Armstrong... Rogic if GMS isn't fit.

Hoping for an emphatic win today but I think it likely that jnr Walter Smith will park the bus and try to sneak goals at set pieces (even if we go a goal up) so I expect 2-1 Celtic.

It could get dodgy in the last 20mins if I'm right, given Celtic are on their 4th game in 9 days, whereas Aberdeen don't have a league cup or Europe to worry about.

@celticfc: Celtic team v @AberdeenFC Gordon; Lustig, Boyata, Simunovic, Tierney; Johansen, Bitton; Commons, Rogic, Forrest; Griffiths. (MD)

Glad Rogic's playing, looked a bit better when he came on midweek. Big game for Tierney, deserves his chance with his recent performances though. Would've liked to see Armstrong in there somewhere however

Has Shinnie played much at LB for you? I always thought that was his best position

About half the time. Swopps him about between LB and midfield.

McInnes has been tinkering a bit and I don't think it's helped our defence one bit. When we went on the good run we mostly had a settled back 4 but Reynolds coming back has given him choices to make and they've not always ben good ones.

I'd probably prefer him at LB but Considine had been doing well last season. Not so good this.

Has Shinnie played much at LB for you? I always thought that was his best position

He's played there a fair bit, but the problem is I think he's our best central midfielder as well as our best full-back. We need to clone him.

Hopefully Considine can go 90 minutes without one of his usual Celtic brainfarts.

Thanks, I always rated Shinnie and thought we should have gone for him last year when Izaguirre needed competition. Now that Tierney's emerged as a great talent at LB there would be no point, but Shinnie is a class player.

Archived