Celtic v Aberdeen 31-10-15

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure what age you are Rico.

Sportscene used to show where the Ref was from back in the day.

They stopped doing it.

Funnily enough just after the time that diddy teams (especially us) were winning things.

Not that Im suggesting anything, just saying...

In the early 80's the premier division stopped gate-sharing. That's what fecked you.

Got my tickets through the post today, section 118 which is further round the corner than I thought we had. Have Celtic given us a bigger allocation than usual?

This is what I was eluding to in my post earlier, Celtic have moved the away fans over a bit this season, not sure if that's what they have done here or if its just a bigger allocation. Looks to me like they have been trying to avoid putting away fans right behind that pillar

I have today purchased a new hat for my baldy napper and a new pair of gloves for the game on Saturday. Lost last seasons hat/gloves combo when we went to St johnstone away and ended up getting blootered in perth.

£4.50 for both from primark :thumsup2

Not only 6 years law experience but a mental health professional as well. Who knew?

7 now btw.

Think you should spend more time practicing counting and less time thinking insinuations about the vague religious connotations of a person's previous career is in any way relevant to their appointment as a referee for a football match.

7 now btw.

Think you should spend more time practicing counting and less time thinking insinuations about the vague religious connotations of a person's previous career is in any way relevant to their appointment as a referee for a football match.

Cool, interested to hear your work experience within the area of mental health. Not a joke.

Not as confident going into this game based on form and do worry if we lose a goal it could be a few goals for Celtic as the we looked lacking in confidence at the start of the Motherwell game. Aberdeen got to take the positives out of the Motherwell game which when we scored we did look like we was previously so hopefully we take that into Celtic game.

Don't agree with the media that say if Aberdeen lose this game then the league is over, last season at the same time we lost 2-1 to Celtic at Pittodrie and was 4 points behind with Celtic having a game in hand and we pushed them close until near the split. Will be very difficult to recover if it is 7 points so hopefully we can stop the rot of losing at Celtic as losing 20 in a row at Parkhead is a disgrace.

Doesn't surprise me to see some Aberdeen fans fickle though as we seem to have a support that win 2-in-a-row go over the top and if we lose 2 in a row then it is the end of the world.

It has been a bizarre season so far win 8 which was deserved and then only get 1 point of out 4 games which is also deserved. October has obviously been a horrendous month for us but I still can see us recovering to go on a run again like we did the start of the season.

Very hard to feel confident going into this but hopeful we can give a good account of ourselves. Make no mistake Celtic are a shambles propped up by a couple of half-decent players and the opposition or referees presenting them with gifts.

We need to be solid at the back and ruthless in front of goal (neither of which we have been recently). But we are capable and after listening to sportsounds huddle-w**k last night I would just love it if we fucked these unwashed middens over on their own turf. In as controversial a set of circumstances as possible would be a bonus, but regardless of how we win, you just know the candles will be coming out.

Genuine question for Dons fans.

Do you think McInnes has taken you as far as he can? Maybe a change could push you on?

I should say that I think McInnes has done a brilliant job at Aberdeen and I think overall he is a right good manager. However, seems to me like he really bottles it under pressure, defeats in the Semi Finals of the cups, period towards the split last season when he dropped points against Dundee twice and Thistle. Some of his team selections and substitutions over the past month have been really baffling for me. Looks to me like he has taken Aberdeen as far as he can.

I understand compared to McGhee era things are far better but I personally think this Aberdeen team are good enough to challenge Celtic and instead of looking at the past and accepting the current situation as good in comparison, why not look to the future.

By saying I think Aberdeen can challenge Celtic, I want to make clear that I believe Celtic are a far better team than Aberdeen and rightly so given the gulf in resources but I think Aberdeen are miles ahead of the rest of the league and they can challenge by beating every other team.

At the point that Aberdeen had won their first 8 league games, I checked the last 38 games against the rest and Aberdeen and Celtic had the exact same amount of points over those 38 games so they had the consistency to challenge until the pressure got too much and they bottled it again.

Genuinely want your thoughts on this, not an argument....am I being reasonable or deluded??

Genuine question for Celtic fans.

Do you think Delilah has taken you as far as he can? Maybe a change could push you on?

I should say that I think Delilah has done a shite job at Celtic and I think overall he is a right good manager. However, seems to me like the club are just incapable of backing their manager when it counts. Constant defeats and embarrassments in Europe, training ground bust-ups and players disgracing themselves on and off the field shows that he is either incompetent or simply being ignored by the board and dressing room. Most of his signings over the last few years have been really baffling for me. Looks to me like he is taking Celtic and their fans for a bit of a ride?.

I understand compared to Lennon he is a bastion of good behaviour and respectfulness but I think at Celtic he is really pissing into the wind there. The team may be good enough to challenge at domestic level but instead of looking at the domestic game, most Celtic fans think they should be in La Liga or the MLS and are incapable of accepting their place and current situation.

By saying I think Celtic are a disgrace, I want to make clear that I believe Aberdeen are a far better club than Celtic and rightly so given the difference in how we are run and the people who support us . But I think Celtic are miles ahead of the rest of the league because of all the idiots who buy your merchandise and buy into the cheery chappy shamrock flavoured pish your club spews out.

Genuinely want your thoughts on this, not an argument....am I being reasonable or deluded??

:thumsup2

Just for fun,

Deila

• has a better record domestically than Lennon in his first season without Rangers
  • has a better European record than Lennon and Strachan after 16 months in charge
  • is building a young Scottish team and that will take time
  • has had 2.5 transfer windows and has had some good signings and some not so good
  • has lost 2 good centre halves which will take time to replace

Celtic fans were happy with Lennon considering he was pish so as far as I'm concerned Ronny's doing just fine and will continue to improve.

So no opinion on McInnes?? Everything's perfect at Pittodrie for you?

Let's just get this over with. Could not be less enthusiastic for this game at all, especially given recent form. The crap treatment of fans, lunchtime kick off and overall rotten "match day experience" provided at Parkhead are also key reasons.

With Smith injured, I would imagine we may see a similar team to last week, though we really do need more dig beside Jack in the middle of the park. If he moves Shinnie up there and puts Considine into left back, get your money on a Considine red card. If he plays Robson beside Jack, the same applies, though Barry really does not have the legs to play against Celtic and be effective. If Flood is fit, he may well play beside Jack for this one.

As for Celtic, I guess Simunovic looks a better bet at centre half than the other diddies, and Izaguirre will likely not play this one. If Commons plays, I do worry, as he is a superb player. If Brown plays, he will mysteriously escape punishment for horrendous challenges as usual. Logan will get booed for reporting racism as usual too.

Can only see a 3-0 Celtic win here, Griffiths, Commons and Boyata. Hope I am wrong on this, but can't see it.

Team thoughts folks, I'd like to see Shinnie at LB for this one, hopefully we are not on the back foot too much and he and Shay are given a wee bit of licence to get forward although that may mean employing McLean in a slightly deeper midfield role.

Ward

Logan

Reynolds

Taylor

Shinnie

Jack

McLean

Hayes

Pawlett

McGinn

Goodwillie

Would be happy enough with that, would give plenty options on the bench as well with Robson, Rooney Considine, Quinn all able to come on and do a job. I think if Robson was anywhere near able to play 90 minutes, he'd get a start hear in place of McLean with McLean pushing up and Pawlett on the bench but I just don't think that Robson has the legs for a game like this any more, certainly not to start.

ETA, just seen only Smith is injured so he may play Flood alongside Jack with McLean further forward and Pawlett on the bench.

Not trying to fool anyone, its a genuine question to see what you guys think.

Wee stat for you....between 30 Aug 2014 and 25 Sept 2015 not including matches between Aberdeen and Celtic, the two records against the other 11 teams is as follows

Celtic P38 W29 D6 L3 F88 A19 PTS 93

Dons P38 W29 D6 L3 F66 A22 PTS 93

Phenomenal record for McInnes, I'm not suggesting he isn't brilliant, just asking can he take it forward? I'm not too sure as it seems like he bottles it when the pressure is really on.

Broon oot. Who will celtic select to be not sent off tomorrow instead?

Last season his performance coming back from injury was amazing and one of the reasons why we got beat 2-1 at Parkhead especially when he went off we dominated the last 30 minutes. I think this season he has been dreadful so not going to make as much as a difference than in the past

Archived