Celtic v Aberdeen 31-10-15

Just bollocks rather than hyper.

It's not exactly great but it's not anywhere near the depths of despair I felt during the McGhee debacle. Or Alex fucking Miller.

I truly cannot be arsed going to the next game. It feels just as shit as then because our players aren't trying their arse at all, they really couldn't give a f**k judging from their body language. Maybe it's reactionary, maybe it's not, but it's truly annoying to watch. This is (was) our last season to challenge for the title ever, let's be honest. Rangers will be in the SPL next season and we'll be back to the usual slog. What a fucking horrendous way to blow it.

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Absolute Main Stand sweetie rustler post there.

Anyone thinking we could seriously be challenging for the title is beyond deluded.

I sit in the South, but thanks.

Not for one minute did I think we'd sustain a challenge until the end, but like any fan I was hoping we'd give it a better shot than last year. What's the point of trying to support your team otherwise? Perhaps you're satisfied with not winning.

More the fact that I remember the 9-0 pumping under McGhee, and further back to the likes of the Livi 7-0; and that comparing the current situation to teams and managers of years before is utterly ridiculous.

More the fact that I remember the 9-0 pumping under McGhee, and further back to the likes of the Livi 7-0; and that comparing the current situation to teams and managers of years before is utterly ridiculous.

I too remember the 9-0 and the 1-5 a couple of weeks ago was almost as bad as that in terms of performance and application.

Clearly we don't agree so if you're a last word kind of guy, you can have it now.

You lost 7-0 to Livi? When the fek did that happen? :o

At the height of our regular 5 or 6 goal pumpings from either cheek, I think Sellick stuck 7 past us once. Or possibly twice. Anyway it's unlikely to be that bad, but I'm pretty sure we'll lose. Prove me wrong Dons, prove me wrong.

This is the kind of thing that makes me utterly despair about our support. Fantasy world nonsense, the team is better off without folk like you "supporting it".

A few defeats and suddenly the players "aren't trying their arse"? Did you think we were just going to win every single week and win the league? :lol:

No I didn't, don't try and put words in to my mouth. If you read the Motherwell thread you'll see my annoyance that Hayes (and others) were just sauntering back as Motherwell broke away with the score at 1-1. Go watch the highlights and see for yourself - it is the definition of not trying ffs

Hayes got clattered several times in that match, he was limping heavily for parts of the second half. Hayes is one Aberdeen player who I would never question if he was "trying" or not. Just because he wasn't sprinting about like a headless chicken when Motherwell had one break. Maybe Hayes was told to stay up the pitch to try and win the game?

He wasn't the only one. If he was injured, why didn't he ask to come off? We still had a sub remaining at that point. There's sprinting about like a headless chicken, and then there's simply tracking the man with the ball, Johnson, and putting him under pressure. If he was specifically told to not track back to help the team when it's a 4 vs 4 situation then I have to question McInnes. However, I don't think that's the case and you're just blindly trying to defend Hayes. Everyone around me was saying the exact same thing.

I'm usually quite positive about Aberdeen but recent weeks have been horrific. Context is of course brilliant, we are still in second place, but there are serious question marks for me about the whole team at the moment. It's no use comparing this team to teams of the past and saying "oh well it was much worse a few years ago", it's irrelevant.

I do however have faith that McInnes will turn it around again, just not this week.

I'm usually quite positive about Aberdeen but recent weeks have been horrific. Context is of course brilliant, we are still in second place, but there are serious question marks for me about the whole team at the moment. It's no use comparing this team to teams of the past and saying "oh well it was much worse a few years ago", it's irrelevant.

"It truly feels like the McGhee era right now"

"It truly feels like the McGhee era right now"

Feels like, not IS like. :P

I get your point, I'm totally aware it's nothing like the shambolic nature of his McGhee's era, but the feeling of apathy that myself and my friends have for Aberdeen is remarkable considering how promising the season started off.

I'm done with this thread until Saturday's post mortem, it's going round in circles now.

I'm not blindly defending Hayes, he clearly gives 100% every time he plays. Players pick up knocks but don't automatically ask to be subbed, he clearly thought he could still play on (rightly or wrongly).

It's not irrelevant comparing the team to previous ones either, it helps keep things in perspective. The difference in attitude is night and day to what we have seen in the past. We are just going through a poor run of form combined with a lack of confidence at the moment. to say that the players aren't trying is idiotic.

OK, I disagree m8.

We lose a few games and suddenly you and your wee mates are all full of apathy and can't face it anymore :lol:

What a fucking welt. I maintain that some of our supporters aren't happy until we are in the shit scrapping about at the bottom of the league. They need someone to abuse every week and now that clangers is away and flood isn't in the squad they don't know what to do.

I have held a season ticket since I was a child, I've been through all the tragic eras. I am not one to boo or abuse the team, but I'll complain on a message board. Fact is, I'll be back in a couple of weeks. I can complain if I like though, you do love a bit of hyperbole. 'can't face it anymore', f**k off and start an argument elsewhere, something you sit and constantly do on this messageboard :lol:. I am apathetic towards the team because our promising start to the season went up in flames and the season is as good as over when we lose on Saturday.

Let's hope we get a favourable cup draw.

I much prefer this dilemma to the relegation scraps under McGhee and co of course. I would hope I don't have to spell that out to you, but just because we were once a bit shitter than we are now, it doesn't make the team immune to criticism ffs. Get over yourself.

That's it - wee tough patch. The way Alex goes on about it we sound like we'll never see another three points again.

European fitba and a Scottish cup all up for grabs this season, but apparently everything is 'over' if we lose to the team that's supposed to win the league. Can't imagine getting so wound up by a few losses based on the last two decades of supporting Aberdeen, but right enough there does seem an element of our support where nothing is ever 'good enough' and there's a deep desire to be proven right by it all going tits up.

Archived