Alloa v Queens

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Think we got away with one there but in Thomson's defence had the boy not been tripped he still wouldn't have reached the ball. That's the only justification I can think of. Ironically, a similar incident happened in my game on Sunday and the referee didn't award it giving the reason I've just said; the boy wasn't going to reach the ball.

Oliver's second goal was very well taken :)

Can't see that happening.He's all argumentative for some reason tonight.

Or since Saturday ;) Is that him shouting "Get him booked" when Russell falls over in the first half?

Clear penalty there for the foul on Crawford. There was also a pretty obvious jersey pull on Hamilton in the box later on. I'm glad Craig Thomson had such a good game.

Excellent highlights there once again, I take it it was you guys who put the wee camera on the net support behind the goal? Really impressive.

Are rattles back, by the way? Thought they were banned years ago due to their obvious effectiveness as a lethal weapon :rolleyes:

From the other side, it seemed like someone arrived with one, and they gradually multiplied through the game, until everybody had one by the final goal :P

Think we got away with one there but in Thomson's defence had the boy not been tripped he still wouldn't have reached the ball. That's the only justification I can think of. Ironically, a similar incident happened in my game on Sunday and the referee didn't award it giving the reason I've just said; the boy wasn't going to reach the ball.

Oliver's second goal was very well taken :)

As you know though, the direction of the ball has no bearing on whether or not a foul has been committed. Obviously, it can impact on any decision on a sanction in terms of a goal scoring opportunity, but that's different.

I think you're maybe right about that being the reason for no penalty being awarded, but it's not a valid one that the ref would be able to defend.

Or since Saturday ;)Is that him shouting "Get him booked" when Russell falls over in the first half?

Clear penalty there for the foul on Crawford. There was also a pretty obvious jersey pull on Hamilton in the box later on. I'm glad Craig Thomson had such a good game.

Excellent highlights there once again, I take it it was you guys who put the wee camera on the net support behind the goal? Really impressive.

Could well be! There were lots of people shouting that though

ETA - it wasnt me. That was high-vis jacket guy that was mentioned earlier in the thread.

Archived