Lowland league v junior league

Hertha/BJFC1938

Sure the Candy played Cumbernauld whatever in a friendly at Broadwood recently and beat them 2-0.

Tut tut Talbot.

It was 1-0. But as was pointed out when a few started getting carried away with the result, it wasn't a recognisable Colts team and certainly not the one that played today.

Friendlies aren't a good gauge of anything, they are games you are looking to get specific things from. One of those is not a result, or you're doing it wrong. :-)

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tradition formed over many years from father to son.

Not made up to suit an agenda.

Tradition is what holds back progress. The LL is the way forward for small clubs to be run properly with acceptable facilities, unlike the ramshackles Junior Teams have the cheek to call 'grounds'.

Tradition is what holds back progress. The LL is the way forward for small clubs to be run properly with acceptable facilities, unlike the ramshackles Junior Teams have the cheek to call 'grounds'.

BSc play at a Junior ground.

Agreed and junior teams should be aspiring to reach the natural level of any potential to promote ourselves .

The LL league is the start of the natural progression, maybe not in its current format but a few tweaks or two then I would want my club in there with the junior heavyweights ( admittedly we aren't a junior heavyweight )

I'm coming to the conclusion that pc cabe just really likes the 80's.

Correct.

The world was a far better place where cretins like Blair and Farage would never be leaders of a political party.

Thatcher was evil but at leat you knew what you were fighting.

Agreed and junior teams should be aspiring to reach the natural level of any potential to promote ourselves .

The LL league is the start of the natural progression, maybe not in its current format but a few tweaks or two then I would want my club in there with the junior heavyweights ( admittedly we aren't a junior heavyweight )

I fail to see any benefit to being other than the handouts these parasites get from the SFA.

Preston Athletic

Gala Fairydean

Vale of Leithen

Whitehill Welfare

Dalbeattie Star

Selkirk

Edinburgh University

No history or tradition there then ya blethering erse?

We've all got our own loyalties but try not talking pish here bud.

Cumbernauld Colts

BSC Glasgow

Great tradition and many years of glories there.

I fail to see any benefit to being other than the handouts these parasites get from the SFA.

It's all about ambition , do we wish for the rest of our lives to live with one fixture to another on a weekly basis or do we wish to join something better, a world where we can maybe have a floodlit Bellsdale with a full fixture card and away from the backwards west region beaks?

Not the clubs views at all and just my own views.

It's all about ambition , do we wish for the rest of our lives to live with one fixture to another on a weekly basis or do we wish to join something better, a world where we can maybe have a floodlit Bellsdale with a full fixture card and away from the backwards west region beaks?

Not the clubs views at all and just my own views.

So we jump in with the SFA instead?

Didn't think you were a fan of that particular organisation.

What is the great clamour for Tuesday night games when most people are working?

Floodlights the great saviour!

So we jump in with the SFA instead?

Didn't think you were a fan of that particular organisation.

What is the great clamour for Tuesday night games when most people are working?

Floodlights the great saviour!

Tell me last LL game played on a Tuesday night ?

Floodlights help but not a necessity.

You really need to brush up on yer homework son ;)

Tell me last LL game played on a Tuesday night ? Floodlights help but not a necessity. You really need to brush up on yer homework son ;)

I was answering Hertha's points about floodlights.

Thanks for playing.

What will your views be on Rossvale if they reach the Super League? How about Gartcairn?

That's ok because they're in the juniors. The boys a fuckin idiot - end of story. He becomes more of a Life on Mars parody every time he "contributes".

Rational debate is fine but this is fuckin ridiculous stuff.

Teams and fans are always going to be stuck in their ways and despite the objections of the invisible Talbot fans and pccabe, the attitudes of other clubs towards the LL have appeared to have softened since its introduction after seeing some of the benefits but with some reasonable concerns still. Results like that will do no harm and will help change people's attitudes further.

At least pccabe is taking the result with a great deal of dignity :lol:

Don't see how a club like the Colts can be described as parasites, my mate has helped run aged teams there for years. He must have coached 100s of kids and gives hours of his time for free every week. As a club there must have been 1000s through their doors and given that he's nearly 50 and played with them as a boy I'd suggest they have a history. Maybe taken a different route but all they want is to give kids a chance to play football.

Archived