Lowland league v junior league

Hertha/BJFC1938

Junior is lagging behind nothing as far as I am concerned.

The Berlin Wall comes from a time when the world was a safer place btw.

The fall of that and communism led to the West being too powerful and the situation we now find ourselves.

Apologies for digression.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The fall of that and communism led to the West being too powerful and the situation we now find ourselves.

Is their anything you think is better than back in the 'good old days '?

Aye people being shot dead at point blank range for jumping a wall in trying to visit their own loved ones was real progress until 1989 when it came down :huh:

Comedy gold this is pccabe you must be on the wynd up..

LL or junior what does it matter they are all football clubs, insane arqument,

Yes junior clubs have history, so will LL clubs,

As for who's better who knows until they all play in same league

Aye people being shot dead at point blank range for jumping a wall in trying to visit their own loved ones was real progress until 1989 when it came down :huh:

Any better than 1000s dying when planes fly into buildings?

The fall of Communism led to meglomaniacs like Bush.

Is the world better for the destruction of the Cold War?

Comedy gold this is pccabe you must be on the wynd up..

LL or junior what does it matter they are all football clubs, insane arqument,

Yes junior clubs have history, so will LL clubs,

As for who's better who knows until they all play in same league

Wind up.

Any better than 1000s dying when planes fly into buildings?

The fall of Communism led to meglomaniacs like Bush.

Is the world better for the destruction of the Cold War?

Ronald Reagan, what a fine example of a sane and rational individual. America didn't do any dodgy adventurism during the cold war and I'm sure you won't find anyone in south or Central America who says different. Or Asia.

ah, the Cold War...it was a better simpler time.

A wee bit of info on Cumbernauld Colts. Despite the name they have had an adult amateur team for a while now as well as all the youth teams. They formed in 1969.

Going by their website, their squad includes a few players with a very good reputation:

Ross Ballantyne - played in SPL for Motherwell and has also been with Celtic, Kilwinning, Fauldhouse, Athurlie, EK Thistle and Glencairn.

Jamie Barclay - 12 1st team apps for Airdrie as a teenager, spent a season or so with Pollok afterwards.

Alan Benton - ex-Camelon and Linlithgow (among others) defender plus 100 apps for Albion Rovers

Johnny Black - an SPL appearance for Partick Thistle

Jamie Broadfoot - played Junior with Ashfield and Rob Roy and amateur at Harestanes

Gary Espener - veteran Junior centre forward

Mick Oliver - 40 apps for Clyde

Stephen O'Neill - ex-Aberdeen and SPFL 1st team experience elsewhere

Andy Selkirk - ex-bankies and Bellshill

Andy Ward - ex Glenafton and Rob Roy among others

They have at least two other players who have SPFL 1st team appearances to their name.

Tradition formed over many years from father to son.

Not made up to suit an agenda.

Preston Athletic

Gala Fairydean

Vale of Leithen

Whitehill Welfare

Dalbeattie Star

Selkirk

Edinburgh University

No history or tradition there then ya blethering erse?

We've all got our own loyalties but try not talking pish here bud.

A wee bit of info on Cumbernauld Colts. Despite the name they have had an adult amateur team for a while now as well as all the youth teams. They formed in 1969.

Going by their website, their squad includes a few players with a very good reputation:

Ross Ballantyne - played in SPL for Motherwell and has also been with Celtic, Kilwinning, Fauldhouse, Athurlie, EK Thistle and Glencairn.

Jamie Barclay - 12 1st team apps for Airdrie as a teenager, spent a season or so with Pollok afterwards.

Alan Benton - ex-Camelon and Linlithgow (among others) defender plus 100 apps for Albion Rovers

Jamie Broadfoot - played Junior with Ashfield and Rob Roy and amateur at Harestanes

They have at least two other players who have SPFL 1st team appearances to their name.

Good post I was also going to point out that the LL teams are made up of ex junior and senior players with the standard being of a good level. I was speaking to Ross Ballantyne today who spent a number of years in the juniors and he wasn't the least surprised to knock out Talbot as he has been pleasantly surprised at the standard of player at Colts and the league as a whole. It was a bit of a leap into the unknown for him but has worked out well so far and loving the change of scenery. I agree with it being a potential pathway to the senior I think more and more players will make the jump as the crowds improve along with the general set up. Would definitely appeal to me if I was 20 years younger!

Ronald Reagan, what a fine example of a sane and rational individual. America didn't do any dodgy adventurism during the cold war and I'm sure you won't find anyone in south or Central America who says different. Or Asia.

ah, the Cold War...it was a better simpler time.

Bay of pigs . Gulf of Tonkin ? The list goes on.

Japan were never gonna attack Pearl Harbour until forced into it

Zionism & democracy at work

Blame the Rothschields

Sure the Candy played Cumbernauld whatever in a friendly at Broadwood recently and beat them 2-0.

Tut tut Talbot.

Archived