Lowland league v junior league

Hertha/BJFC1938

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Auchinleck beat BSC

Linlithgow beat Gala

To say either of these junior teams aren't good enough for the Lowland league is a load of nonsense.

Of course it is but calling it a made up, kiddy on league is just daft.

You can call these teams what you want....but believe me they are here to stay and they will improve given time....they have already shown they can compete with clubs that have far more history attached to them. They just want a chance to create their own history, not sure what is wrong with that.

You can call these teams what you want....but believe me they are here to stay and they will improve given time....they have already shown they can compete with clubs that have far more history attached to them. They just want a chance to create their own history, not sure what is wrong with that.

Agree with that so the juniors will have to adapt or get left behind

Do the LL fans spend anything like as much time bemoaning the way their grade is ran from fixture backlogs to lack of floodlights or often not knowing who their next game is against because nobody has bothered to release the fixtures or wondering wtf is going on as yet another cup draw descends into farce?

Do they then turn round and muster enough arrogance to attack other grades as inferior?

Despite what a few regulars on here post on the ground the reality is the majority in the junior world want nothing to do with this league or the new clubs that have been shoehorned into it.

The Junior grade has issues to work on to improve the grade but the majority don't want to be apart of this soulless plastic abomination of a league. I have been to enough game as a ground hopper and supporter and know enough committee men at various clubs to form this opinion.

Sorry if that all sounds harsh but if you come onto a junior football forum expect some replies you won't like.

what makes you arrive at the conclusion that the majority don't want anything to do with it?

Traditional football supporters don't like glorified boys club kidding on their real teams with a history especially if they think old established teams like Clyde or East Kilbride Thistle are getting stitched up.

I'm a traditional football supporter and i couldn't give a f**k about Clyde. Clyde people can deal with Clyde issues.

I groundhop nowadays.

I know many Junior committee men / supporters / players current and ex.

When you speak to them you not only get their feelings but others they know and have spoken to. You get a general consensus from hearing all these views over a period of time and you see a pattern,people want change / improvement to our grade that's it nothing more nothing less.

As i said this forum represents a small minority of junior football supporters this small minority can give the impression to those from other league set up that this is a majority view when it isn't.

I think there is a lot of truth in this in so much as there is a mindset among those who have run their clubs for generations that they're happy with what they've got. They know they can deal with that and a number of them are maybe not up for the challenge of being part of change. I'm confident my own club officials would prefer to retain the junior grade but be part of a broader lowland juniorleague. I disagree with that but I know there is s desire to keep some of the old rivalries. Might be different if Bo'ness got a licence.

Sometimes in life it's good to know what you are, what you have been and what you want to stay in the future.

Look at it in an employment scenario. Chap has been the same job for 40 years, a modest job but he has had a happy life, a fulfilling life provided for his family happy with his lot in life.

He then gets the opportunity later in his life of a job paying a bit more money where he could possibly move up the chain a bit in the company.

He politely says no and sticks to what he has loved doing all his life.

Nothing wrong with that.

What about the ambitions of a 25 year old?

Edited to add that at the end of your scenario, you die. Football clubs need to keep going and they need a much stronger approach than this. They need to adapt, change and move forward. History is nice to have but not if there's a last page in the book.

Junior people are terrified of change to an extent that they would rather see the junior grade die whilst stumbling from flaw to flaw than gamble at anything that resembles a change.

A backwards product that is ran from the top by backwards people.

but but but tradition.

Junior people are terrified of change to an extent that they would rather see the junior grade die whilst stumbling from flaw to flaw than gamble at anything that resembles a change.

When exactly did the SFA offer top Junior teams access to the Scottish Cup?

Were the SFA worried a Petershill, Cambuslang Rangers or Irvine Meadow might have won the senior cup.

When did the half baked pyramid idea appear?

Too little too late and they wonder why Junior folks are wary.

If Beith were to come out and announce they were in favour of a pyramid, it might entice other clubs to come forward...but they won't.

Its more preservation than being backward...nobody could accuse Beith of being a backward club.

Junior clubs won't vote for a pyramid to some it may be voting themselves out of existence

If Beith were to come out and announce they were in favour of a pyramid, it might entice other clubs to come forward...but they won't.

Its more preservation than being backward...nobody could accuse Beith of being a backward club.

Junior clubs won't vote for a pyramid to some it may be voting themselves out of existence

Who would be likely to go out of existence and why?

Junior Football has some great honest people involved in it.

However it is difficult to see any sort of future for it compared to the Lowland League which has the possibility of eventual promotion to the league proper and of course Scottish Cup entry.

The Scottish Junior Cup match I watched on Saturday did not have proper linesmen and much of the match was spent with disputes on decisions; pure mickey mouse stuff. I cannot imagine any of the Scottish Cup matches on Saturday were played without a full set of officials.

Do the LL fans spend anything like as much time bemoaning the way their grade is ran from fixture backlogs to lack of floodlights or often not knowing who their next game is against because nobody has bothered to release the fixtures or wondering wtf is going on as yet another cup draw descends into farce? Do they then turn round and muster enough arrogance to attack other grades as inferior?

Do they have fans in the LL or is it just players relatives?

Archived