Scores & scorers. Sat 24h Oct.

Larky55

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bankies struggled to a 2-0 victory against a hard-working Forfar West End team. Forced a great stop when offside trap was broke, several wee penalty box scrambles saw some desperate Clydebank defending and all Clydebank had to shout about in first half was a penalty appeal that was somehow waved away, when Ryan Holmes got in past the last man and was then bundled over as he was about to shoot - ref and assistant both bottling the decision. With only 18 minutes gone it was a real potential game-changing moment, and people can judge for themselves in highlights what they thought of the incident The pitch was small, soft and tight, making free-flowing football a rare sight. Was impressed with West End's left winger who had some joy on his wing, and Bankies were a touch fortunate to go in at half time still at 0-0.

Second half saw Clydebank improve themselves, and I feel West End started to tire as their dogged pressing seemed to catch up to them. I felt we really lost the battle in midfield, going forward anyway, and it was a bit of a bruising match for the Bankies with our physio being kept quite busy all afternoon. We thought we opened the scoring but Hashim Cole's header was ruled out by the ref - at first he said it was offside - which confused the assistant ref, who hadn't flagged, and so he thought he better flag if the ref said it was offside - and then he started claiming there was a shove somewhere. As I said I was far from impressed with the ref and assistants today. The opening goal came out the blue as a throw-in was quickly crossed in for Jordan Shelvey to head into the corner, and relief more than anything was felt from all Bankies I feel. Forfar West End were not as much of a threat the second half as they were in the first, yet still kept trying for every minute. Kasubandi came on as a substitute and his pace won him a penalty kick in injury time, which resulted in a red card, and him scoring his first goal in a few matches much to his obvious relief - he hadn't scored since missing a penalty last month or so, he'll be happy to have broken that drought.

Forfar West End were great hosts, and very welcoming to us fans as well as players afterwards. As a team they're bloody annoying to play, they were fired up and certainly had the better of the first half, but with nothing to show for it and fatigue setting in the Bankies certainly had the better of the second half. Hope we never have those officials again. Best of luck to Forfar West End this season.

Your analysis as obviously a biased visiting fan is not too bad. As a neutral (Albeit with bankies on the coupon) I take issue with a couple of points.

West End hardly had to press against a real disappointing Bankies set up for me. To play 1 up front with a midfield 5 that hardly pushed on played into the homesters hands. West End like to play it around from the back, but are often a bombscare when pressed themselves. With Clydebanks bizarre lack of pressing, they found themselves being pressed back constantly with little 3 on 2 triangles, particularly as you desribe down the inside left channel. That 1st half how west end did not have the game won is beyond me. The apparent lack of urgency and any quality from the visitors apart from the excellent young keeper was a real suprise.

I stood beside your technical area 1st half and there was not much tactical nous coming from their that helped in that desperate 1st half. Did you not have West End watched ? As the liklihood of my bet landing looked less and less likely I even contemplated handing over a quick dossier :lol:

The game was indeed far more even in the 2nd half and big Kasubandi coming on gave the home team all sorts of problems.

I agree the referee was abysmal and a complete jobs worth. The 2 key decisions did indeed go against Bankies and were a mystery to me.

if your an honest man you would admit draw was fair result . Not much between both sides shettleston keeper didn't have much to do whole game same with Kilbirnie keeper .both subs from shettleston gave them bit more urgency when they came on don't think referee was as bad as your making out to be think will be total different game next week and outcome

In my honest opinion the ref was definately biased towards Shettleston. And it was reiterated in his inconsistency of punishing Ladeside players every opportunity and not Shettleston. Ridiculous bookings for some of our guys while Shettleston got away with loads. The ref spoiled what was potentially one of the ties of the round.

Your analysis as obviously a biased visiting fan is not too bad. As a neutral (Albeit with bankies on the coupon) I take issue with a couple of points.

West End hardly had to press against a real disappointing Bankies set up for me. To play 1 up front with a midfield 5 that hardly pushed on played into the homesters hands. West End like to play it around from the back, but are often a bombscare when pressed themselves. With Clydebanks bizarre lack of pressing, they found themselves being pressed back constantly with little 3 on 2 triangles, particularly as you desribe down the inside left channel. That 1st half how west end did not have the game won is beyond me. The apparent lack of urgency and any quality from the visitors apart from the excellent young keeper was a real suprise.

I stood beside your technical area 1st half and there was not much tactical nous coming from their that helped in that desperate 1st half. Did you not have West End watched ? As the liklihood of my bet landing looked less and less likely I even contemplated handing over a quick dossier :lol:

The game was indeed far more even in the 2nd half and big Kasubandi coming on gave the home team all sorts of problems.

I agree the referee was abysmal and a complete jobs worth. The 2 key decisions did indeed go against Bankies and were a mystery to me.

It was supposed to be a 4-3-3, but for whatever reason that never really seemed to materialise. Far too often we isolated our striker up top, but that seemed to change in the second half. It does feel like we got out of jail a bit, the players even knew it (wished Jordan Shelvey good luck at start of second half, he admitted they were rotten first half so told him to make up for it in second half). We will play better and lose this season, for sure. Bankies set up to try and play some nice exciting football, but this is winter now - pitches will regularly be soft and tough to play some nice football on, and we'll need to adapt to those circumstances or pay the price. Big test for us next week as we're now home to Kilwinning, so hopefully we can get back to winning ways in the league.

Jc,,a remember scoring 11 by u,,,,in training,,,never thought U would lose, 10,,,, but football is mental, n throws in crazy scores

You really can't beat the junior humour cotter :)

One of our old fans who's 82 was asked what time it was yesterday at the game ?

Old guy ; " f**k knows but all I ken is that it's ten past JC " :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry JC :)

You really can't beat the junior humour cotter :)

One of our old fans who's 82 was asked what time it was yesterday at the game ?

Old guy ; " f**k knows but all I ken is that it's ten past JC " :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry JC :)

hahaha I heard that shout couldn't help but laugh haha whilst arguing with myself not to lose the plot during the game with sheer frustration

hahaha I heard that shout couldn't help but laugh haha whilst arguing with myself not to lose the plot during the game with sheer frustration

Can't beat the junior banter and drinking with my Bjfc pal just now who said he roared at you after our first two world class goals ;

" I hope you go home and watch them both on the tele the night as you never saw them both during the gemme" :lol:!:)

Can't beat the junior banter and drinking with my Bjfc pal just now who said he roared at you after our first two world class goals ;

" I hope you go home and watch them both on the tele the night as you never saw them both during the gemme" :lol:!:)

hahaha I mind that tbh lol

Archived