Sign in to follow this  
pub car king

gay footballers

Anybody else hear in the second half of the Aberdeen-Rangers game "He's gay, he's bent, his arse is up for rent, Steven Gerrard, Steven Gerrard"?

There’s still quite a bit of homophobic chanting in England in my experience. 
Maybe you should dress down a bit.

Just now, welshbairn said:
4 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:
There’s still quite a bit of homophobic chanting in England in my experience. 

Maybe you should dress down a bit.

There is still quite a bit of homophobic posting on P&B in my experience.

31 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Maybe you should post down a bit.

8 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

Should that not read "whatever sexuality they are"?

Probably.  I was trying to accommodate the notion that an individual can self-identify as heterosexual, homosexual, bi-curious, bisexual, asexual, queer or whatever.  I might have mixed up sexuality with gender though.  I'll admit to not being an expert on the subject.

16 minutes ago, th1stleandr0se said:

Probably.  I was trying to accommodate the notion that an individual can self-identify as heterosexual, homosexual, bi-curious, bisexual, asexual, queer or whatever.  I might have mixed up sexuality with gender though.  I'll admit to not being an expert on the subject.

:lol: Me, neither! That's why I stuck a "?" at the end of it.

2 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Yeah, including from people who probably think that they are open minded and progressive.

Got no idea why our fans didn’t get arrested for singing about Scott McDonald last season.

Why shout this when you can call him fat or a cheat? I reckon the head Neanderthal behind the chants isn’t comfortable with his own sexuality and the others just follow like a mob.

If it happens this season again I think the club should act. Name and shame them.

Can we just clear this up a wee bit, having a gf/wife/kids in no way precludes someone from being gay,

Like every other walk of life, all teams will have gay players at some point, big deal, who the f**k really cares, Shankland can have a man in every town for all I care.

Can we just clear this up a wee bit, having a gf/wife/kids in no way precludes someone from being gay,
Like every other walk of life, all teams will have gay players at some point, big deal, who the f**k really cares, Shankland can have a man in every town for all I care.

Think he'd prefer free McDonald's in every town tbh

1 minute ago, parsforlife said:

Think he'd prefer free McDonald's in every town tbh

Aye, he's eating that many McD's that he's wouldn't even consider moving back to your team now, just hope all the managers at the decent Premier clubs all think he's a fat b*****d for a few weeks more.

Aye, he's eating that many McD's that he's wouldn't even consider moving back to your team now, just hope all the managers at the decent Premier clubs all think he's a fat b*****d for a few weeks more.

Why would he want to come watch the sexy Moroccan prince with the rest of us when he has an opportunity to play himself elsewhere?

Anyway that's off-topic. I agree with your post that it shouldn't matter a players sexuality. And I think your right any decent gay player would be welcomed with open arms by nearly everyone.

Unfortunately I'm not confident that if that player started playing shit their sexuality wouldn't be brought up.

We are progressing, but I think we need to look at making sure football is a environment where players feel comfortable regardless. Let's look after that and let any gay player that so chooses to come out do so when they want.

I believe the American that came out laughed off questions about how his teammates would react, based on that they'd already known for ages before he came out publicly. I think we may well be at that stage that players will talk to their manager/team mates openly but not publicly.

6 hours ago, G-MAN said:

He def isn’t. I know his ex GF.

I have a tenuous family link to his male ex. Maybe he's had relationships with both sexes.

14 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Yeah, including from people who probably think that they are open minded and progressive.

Well, that lets me off the hook...