Guitar Hero Live

Anyone bought this or planning to buy?

I bought it today and I'm really impressed with it so far. The live stage setting is excellent as is the crowd and backstage scenes.

They've changed the layout of the buttons around with 3 at the top and 3 at the bottom. Thought this was going to be shite but it's actually really easy to get used to.

Not had much of a look at Guitar Hero TV but it looks like you are just playing along to music videos.

Anyone bought this or planning to buy?

I bought it today and I'm really impressed with it so far. The live stage setting is excellent as is the crowd and backstage scenes.

They've changed the layout of the buttons around with 3 at the top and 3 at the bottom. Thought this was going to be shite but it's actually really easy to get used to.

Not had much of a look at Guitar Hero TV but it looks like you are just playing along to music videos.

According to a guy I know who runs his own games shop, someone returned the game within 24 hours, usually stuff like that is a bad sign

From what I've heard, the story mode base stuff is brilliant and has really revived a series that was getting a bit stale. The Guitar Hero Live stuff on the other hand is just a shameless cash grab that locks content behind a pay wall with the social responsibility of a Mafia money-lender. There's 30 minute sets of themed songs playing, that you can play along to, and if you do four or five of those, you get one single play of whatever song you want for free. If you want 24 hour access to all songs, I heard its the price of two months of netflix. On a game you've just paid 80 quid for. Ooft.

• 2 months later...

Got this as a birthday gift the other day. Wasn't too sure how it would be after hearing reviews about it and looking at the back of the box and notice I don't have a clue what majority of songs are and the ones I do know I don't like. I have been pleasantly surprised though, actually playing in bands ( even if they look like c'nts ) and in front of a real crowd makes it more enjoyable.

The new button system is good too, I played about 10 songs and my hand was going into cramp! Bit confusing at first but it'll be easy to get the hang of. I wonder if they plan to sell a drum kit for this one? I was always the drummer in the family band on the World Tour game ^_^ .

Archived