The Collum

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is it not quite well known that Collum is a Celtic fan? I seem to remember a huge uproar from their fans when he dared to award a penalty against them in a match against Rangers a few years back and it was mentioned by several folk that he was in fact a "sellic man".

Like the vast majority of Scottish referees though, he is without question, garbage.

Scottish referee's are fucking abysmal in general.

Is that why we're 1 of only 5 countries with 2+ at 'Elite' level...?

Is it not quite well known that Collum is a Celtic fan? I seem to remember a huge uproar from their fans when he dared to award a penalty against them in a match against Rangers a few years back and it was mentioned by several folk that he was in fact a "sellic man".

Is that not a myth largely based on him teaching RE at an RC school?

Last minute penalty call in our cup final against Celtic he booked Stokes for diving. Doesn't exactly support the theory he favours them!

Maybe, just maybe he allows his 'professional' reputation to override his personal preferences when doing his job??? Or maybe he just made a wrong call, something Scottish referees are renowned for.

Is that not a myth largely based on him teaching RE at an RC school?

Quite possibly, I'm only going on what I remember being reported about him 5 or so years ago now. Regardless of what team he supports though, if any, I've no reason to believe he is biased in favour of or against any particular side.

Not the best working environment to walk into on Monday if you've denied Celtic the benefit of the doubt on Sunday one would have thought.

That's what always amuses me about the Parkhead conspiracy crackpots. Why would any official so openly conspire or agree to such an open conspiracy by deliberately making wrong calls against Celtic/in favour of 'Rangers' when they see the hassle that their fellow officials have got down the years from that club and their support? It's not even a full time job for the officials in this country so why would they be bothered with the hassle of private detectives following them about, their families and homes being targeted, character assassinations in public, being forced to resign and so on and so on??? It would need to be some golden funny handshake for any sane man to take on the role of the ref who upsets Celtic's apple cart because I fail to see what would make all that hassle worth it.

That's what always amuses me about the Parkhead conspiracy crackpots. Why would any official so openly conspire or agree to such an open conspiracy by deliberately making wrong calls against Celtic/in favour of 'Rangers' when they see the hassle that their fellow officials have got down the years from that club and their support? It's not even a full time job for the officials in this country so why would they be bothered with the hassle of private detectives following them about, their families and homes being targeted, character assassinations in public, being forced to resign and so on and so on??? It would need to be some golden funny handshake for any sane man to take on the role of the ref who upsets Celtic's apple cart because I fail to see what would make all that hassle worth it.

I do believe there was a certain agenda "for" rangers (rip) in the past. I do believe referees give both Glasgow clubs the majority of big decisions to avoid the fall out as described above also.

The only conspiracy there is, is the ones by both Glasgow clubs to try and manipulative the officials in this country for their own advantage. The rest of us know we get shafted yet get on with it. It's the actual ones that get the decisions that are paranoid as f**k.

I do believe there was a certain agenda "for" rangers (rip) in the past. I do believe referees give both Glasgow clubs the majority of big decisions to avoid the fall out as described above also.

The only conspiracy there is, is the ones by both Glasgow clubs to try and manipulative the officials in this country for their own advantage. The rest of us know we get shafted yet get on with it. It's the actual ones that get the decisions that are paranoid as f**k.

Impressive that you can say that you just "get on with it" during a rant about referees being biased towards two clubs.

Impressive that you can say that you just "get on with it" during a rant about referees being biased towards two clubs.

It's a rant about two sides who the benefit of refereeing decisions every other week being paranoid they are out to get them.

It's a rant about two sides who the benefit of refereeing decisions every other week being paranoid they are out to get them.

You can't claim to just "get on with it" when you've just then ranted about it.

As for your point, I personally don't think Rangers and Celtic get any more decisions at home than a big club would normally do in any league. I also don't think that these clubs get a significantly bigger % of 50/50 decisions given in their favour either FWIW.

Off the top of my head, Killie were awarded a penalty when we won 2-0 at Celtic Park that was 50/50 and one in the league game this season. Also, the Stokes incident in the LC Final of course. If there was some concerted agenda among referees to help Rangers and Celtic, then they're not doing it very well.

Archived