• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Many are saying we are pish. Not disagree with that.

Jackson got absolutely no service or help for all his industry. Euan smith kept running across the pitch and then took an easy pass back, No shields or Thomson so we looked very light up top. Not impressed with many, none of the subs made any difference.

Many a time just no out ball. dodds will not get sacked but might fall on his sword at the end of the season as we look out the bus time tables for Montrose / Arbroath.

First game for me this season. From the soft back pass it did not look good, and indeed it did not really get going. Smith 7 as about as imaginative as a teenage fashion victim. Looked to be opportunities to step up the play but never taken with any conviction.

So a game of more back passes from the home team than forrays into the opposition box, Does not bode well.

Sorry to impose on your grief, Brechinites, but Fusco's still playing? Was he away from you for a while and come back? What age is he?

He was at Farfar . I think a season with uncle Fester has messed with his head . Certainly not the same player he was.

Not sure how old he is.

I would compare this season to the John Young era. A few promising signs then back to mediocre pish !

One speculative shot at goal which hit the post .....from a full back ......is simply not good enough. I can't remember their keeper having a save to make .

Not happy today but were you late in arriving and missed Jackson's great early attempt?

Tiger has been very poor in recent matches but I would think even a poor Tiger is better than playing a centre half and expect him to control midfield. In fairness to McCormack though, he got very little help from Fusco who seems to be out of sorts at the moment as well.

What about James Dale he was good enough to get regular footy in a half decent Forfar side last season but not good enough for the worst Brechin team in near 25 yrs ?Don t want to see manager sacked but would like to see a bit more fight n passion installed only Smithy (keeper)n Jacko show any will to win! We re needing a couple signings to excite the fans a bit and an old head as well but unfortunately come Jan window we ll be have been well n truly cast aside from rest o league ......

I love Albion Rovers.

Hopefully the team can give you a few reasons to hate them before the end of the season.

We're in outstanding form, and it's very encouraging to see us get another win and clean sheet ahead of what's going to be a tough month. A result at home to Cowden isn't out of the question; anything from Airdrie, Ayr and the Pars will be a huge bonus. The priority for the next few games must be keeping everyone fit and suspension-free.

Hopefully the team can give you a few reasons to hate them before the end of the season.

We're in outstanding form, and it's very encouraging to see us get another win and clean sheet ahead of what's going to be a tough month. A result at home to Cowden isn't out of the question; anything from Airdrie, Ayr and the Pars will be a huge bonus. The priority for the next few games must be keeping everyone fit and suspension-free.

Calm yourself you'd got the breaks yesterday ! No doubt you deserved win but , we d a legit goal chopped off , we ve hit post and had 2 cleared off the line one by a defenders hand ! And we re worst team you ll play this season by a mile ! But I would not have said you s were outstanding although I d swap places with you right now ha ha

Going to be totally honest and say the goal that was chopped off was correct

Was in line with it 2 attackers were off side, and the ref had blown the whistle long before the boy hit the ball into the net, didn't get lucky we were better, you lot never came into the game till the last 15 mins. I counted you having 1 shot on target, and that was straight down the keepers throat.

Four points from the next four matches would be a decent return and would keep us in mid-table with winnable games to follow.

Albino Rover, on 25 Oct 2015 - 07:23, said:

We're in outstanding form

I'd quibble with that; outstanding form for me would see us top and maybe unbeaten too. However, we are in unexpectedly good form and confidence seems to be growing week on week.

Like others, I thought we were the better side yesterday and had opportunities to put the game out of sight before Brechin really started to put the pressure on late on. I thought all 3 of the guys immediately behind Andy Barrowman played very well and the two Dunlops were very good in the heart of the defence too. Andy Barrowman himself remains an 'outlier' and there must be issues other than performance in live games that see him preferred to John Gemmell; the guy really isn't doing it.

Tis another free hit next week, this time at Airdrie. I'd really like our manager to play down the importance of this one and let the players go out with no pressure. The home game against Cowdenbeath the week after is far more important

Going to be totally honest and say the goal that was chopped off was correct

Was in line with it 2 attackers were off side, and the ref had blown the whistle long before the boy hit the ball into the net, didn't get lucky we were better, you lot never came into the game till the last 15 mins. I counted you having 1 shot on target, and that was straight down the keepers throat.

He was not offside as it came off your defenders head !! But it does not matter we deserved nothing and that's way it's gonna continue whilst we ve only 2 players showing any fighting spirit unfortunately!!

I'd quibble with that; outstanding form for me would see us top and maybe unbeaten too. However, we are in unexpectedly good form and confidence seems to be growing week on week.

Like others, I thought we were the better side yesterday and had opportunities to put the game out of sight before Brechin really started to put the pressure on late on. I thought all 3 of the guys immediately behind Andy Barrowman played very well and the two Dunlops were very good in the heart of the defence too. Andy Barrowman himself remains an 'outlier' and there must be issues other than performance in live games that see him preferred to John Gemmell; the guy really isn't doing it.

Tis another free hit next week, this time at Airdrie. I'd really like our manager to play down the importance of this one and let the players go out with no pressure. The home game against Cowdenbeath the week after is far more important

Thanks for the synopsis, reliable as ever I'm sure. I can understand why our manager has shown patience with Barrowman, but he hasn't been scoring enough to merit an automatic starting position, and more often than not our results have come because he was bailed out by his team mates (including John Gemmell.) If he had yet another forgettable game yesterday then the time has probably come for Gemmell to start, especially considering the circumstances. A bit of fair competition would do them both good.

But I have to stick by my claim- if 19 points out of 33 isn't outstanding then I'm a monkey's uncle! We're 6 points off the top of the table - exactly where we were this time last season - in a tougher league and with a smaller squad.

Should we expect it to continue? Probably not. 4 points out of the next 4 games would be better than decent.

Archived