A big match for both teams tomorrow at Glebe Park. At the start of the season Brechin probably saw this fixture as their easiest three points of the season, but things have changed quite dramatically. By beating the team sitting 10th, Rovers could open up a 12 point gap above the bottom spot.

We won pretty convincingly in our last meeting but have hopefully learned lessons: Brechin had threats but were suspect in defence, although it's clear that they were suffering from squad problems. They managed three registered players on the bench two months ago, but I see they had a full complement of subs last weekend- something our squad hasn't managed once. This game will be a tougher contest.

In that 3-1 game at Cliftonhill, John Gemmell and Andy Barrowman got a half each- that was because of an injury, but I wouldn't be against doing the same again. Whatever happens, Gemmell has made a clear case that he has to play- not only did he come on and score the winner last week; he's contributed as much over the last ten games as Barrowman has in three times the game time. I'd also consider bringing Alan Reid back into the side for this game: I'm not one to change a winning line-up but as much as I like our courageous Dutchman, he is the number 2 to our - er - number 2, and I can't help but think that his physique and technique would be put to better use in midfield. I hope Ally Love has been warned not to get into any fights with full backs- if he comes up against Tiffoney he can get back at him by skinning him for 90 minutes, rather than throwing limbs around.

Brechin are bottom of the league but they're no pushovers: they have taken 7 points from their last 12, and their only home defeats so far have been to Dunfermline, Airdrie and Forfar- all in the top half; all beat Albion Rovers. All the same, as hard as it still is to believe, we're in the top half too, and if we keep up the good work there's no reason why we can't win this one.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We are a poor poor team , no motivators , no organisation ! Only came into game last ten mins but our performance deserved nothing ! Jackson once again ran his heart out ! Unlucky to have goal chopped off in 1st half as was nvr offside ! One o many desicions officials called wrong for both sides. Well played to Rvs who worked hard and on another day could be had 4 or 5

Well done rovers although you did my coupon today, a real surprise package, i thought after you did us on the first day of the season it was a fluke but results have proved me wrong.

Another dire performance from us part for as said jacko and buzz where was shields today ? Don't know why Dods never plays Johnstone from the start one of our better players. Don't think Dods will be sacked so looks like we're just going to have to stick with what we have looking forward to visiting gayfield again next season

Another dire performance from us part for as said jacko and buzz where was shields today ? Don't know why Dods never plays Johnstone from the start one of our better players. Don't think Dods will be sacked so looks like we're just going to have to stick with what we have looking forward to visiting gayfield again next season

Shields got injured at training this week . Could be out for 3-4 weeks.

Any idea why Tiger benched ? And we play a decent centre half at centre mid ? If we are to try save season we ll need loan signings in asap.... In a strange way Cowdenbeath s win may help us in long run

Tiger has been very poor in recent matches but I would think even a poor Tiger is better than playing a centre half and expect him to control midfield. In fairness to McCormack though, he got very little help from Fusco who seems to be out of sorts at the moment as well.

Archived