Download 2016

Illuminati

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Genuinely thought halestorm were a big band, obviously I was wrong

They're headline the academy big which is decent enough!

Defo going to check them and Tremonti out from the latest announcement. The rest can sook ma plooms.

Been past 3 years and its an amazing place to go, no bother at it and everybody is more than helpfull, really didnt like the cash bands

Thought they were quite simple really, pay before you go, spend freely and get any remainder back into your account once your home, no fucking about with change.

Only problem I had was a bunch of guys trying to buy a round of jagerbombs through a selection of bands with a few quid at most on any individual one.

I'd originally planned to go to Download France and Hellfest this year, but as Hellfest sold out the same day the line-up was announced - right as I was filling in my details to buy the tickets - I'll be back at Donington for the eighth year running. Rammstein are the best live band on the planet so it's obviously going to be brilliant, but I'm really liking the rest of the line-up so far too. Haven't seen Deftones since 2013 so really excited for them.

Love Deftones, been a fan since my teens but from my experience, they're better suited to arena's than festivals IMO. The distortion in an arena seems to half drown-out how bad Chino's voice sounds live sometimes.

Hellfest looks fucking amazing every year. It's become the next best thing to Wacken and sells out fast. This year, ridiculously fast. Third year on the trot I've tried and failed to get tickets :(

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByPie & Bovril1449870309.122657.jpg

I was there in 2014, it was absolutely tremendous and I loved the laid back atmosphere in comparison to UK festivals. I did plan it extremely badly though, going to Download then going back home, having a day to relax the starting to travel again, meaning I was absolutely fucked by the end of Hellfest with two festivals in two weekends without a proper break. The French summer certainly didn't help there either, one day it was so hot they actually brought fire engines into the arena to hose the crowd down :lol: It's a bit of a change going from massive security searches every time you enter an arena coupled with £4.50 pints at a UK festival to a European one where you buy one drink in a 3-pint jug from a bar and can spend the rest of the festival bringing your own drink into the arena provided you put it in that jug with the festival branding on it.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived