Malta v Scotland 4th September 2016

itsjustben

Our first world cup qualifying clash versus Malta. Still a good 10 months away however I feel it will be good to move on after the Euro disaster and Strachan's future is now clear as our boss.

I think we should line up like this:

Marshall

Hutton- Hanley- Berra- Robertson-

McArthur-

Brown- Bannan-

Ritchie- Anya-

Naismith-

Our first world cup qualifying clash versus Malta. Still a good 10 months away however I feel it will be good to move on after the Euro disaster and Strachan's future is now clear as our boss.

I think we should line up like this:

Marshall

Hutton- Hanley- Berra- Robertson-

McArthur-

Brown- Bannan-

Ritchie- Anya-

Naismith-

OK, Gordon, just keep selecting your favourites

Dreading this. We used to struggle in Malta back when we had a better team and they played with ten at the back - they famously used to be the most defensive side in Europe. It's not hard to imagine another horrible Georgia-style game where we don't even manage an on-target shot on goal. At least WGS has a good long time to think about different attacking options to switch to.

Incidentally, I swear I remember us struggling to a 3-2 qualifying win in Malta back in the Eighties, with us scoring two own goals and relying on a last-minute winner. Did I dream this, or was it just against another side? I do seemingly have form for imagining Scotland games that never happened :wacko:

Malta are pretty poor: they lost to Gibraltar last year. It's at 8:45pm local time which should mitigate any potential heat concerns.

I think we should win it quite comfortably - and indeed we should go on to beat Lithuania at home in the opening game of the following month's double-header. It's vital we do, tbh.

Dreading this. We used to struggle in Malta back when we had a better team and they played with ten at the back - they famously used to be the most defensive side in Europe. It's not hard to imagine another horrible Georgia-style game where we don't even manage an on-target shot on goal. At least WGS has a good long time to think about different attacking options to switch to.

Incidentally, I swear I remember us struggling to a 3-2 qualifying win in Malta back in the Eighties, with us scoring two own goals and relying on a last-minute winner. Did I dream this, or was it just against another side? I do seemingly have form for imagining Scotland games that never happened :wacko:

Think that was maybe Cyprus?

Lex

itzdrk

bhoy who invented wheetabix

The Grass Is Greener

Shibuya

Monkey Tennis

Deefiant

killiepiemuncher

DA Baracus

Andy C

Hampden Diehard

Can see us leaking too many goals with that team especially with Dave at the back.

Archived