The Beauty of Meadowbank?

Hoofhearted

I found this link on the BBC webpage. It is a video homage to the beauty of Scottish football ground. Unfortunately the artist spoils it by using Meadowbank! There is even a bit of footage from City v Spartans.

Anyway well done to City for being good sports!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-34517667

Terrible the way Edinburgh Council/Leisure let it run down. For football fans it would have been better if like Gateshead they had the long jump at the other side of the main stand which could have been closer to the pitch.

Keep the sand pit ... for those of us with kids it's free child care while watching the game :lol:

I'm a Meadowbank fan too. The best view of the game in the LL although it is somewhat far away, the vantage point from the top is superb to get the 'big picture'

There is also plenty to fill on a boring game. Guess what was the last other sport played here is always good as you try and make out the markings on the pitch.

How many bulbs will be broken a great winter little sunlight game.

It has character and history. It has seen the glory days over 16,000+ crowds and 50 or less at times for Vale of Leithen visits :P

Will be a sad day when it is brought down. Don't expect that anytime soon

I'm a Meadowbank fan too. The best view of the game in the LL although it is somewhat far away, the vantage point from the top is superb to get the 'big picture'

There is also plenty to fill on a boring game. Guess what was the last other sport played here is always good as you try and make out the markings on the pitch.

How many bulbs will be broken a great winter little sunlight game.

It has character and history. It has seen the glory days over 16,000+ crowds and 50 or less at times for Vale of Leithen and Spartans visits :P

Will be a sad day when it is brought down. Don't expect that anytime soon

Fixed it for you Simps ... :P

I used to enjoy playing in the sand, climbing the trees and getting chases from the doctors who filled in for stewards at Meadowbank games.

The men in white coats are still looking for you, Serge, with a big net and all...!

Archived