Alan muir best ref in Scotland

Ridiculous that everyone can criticise a ref's performance except coaches and players.

Heard Houston and Stubbs's responses tonight to questions about refs - for fear of their comments getting them into trouble, Houston was coy, and Stubbs said 'no comment', with the clear implication that our refs are pish.

The solution is obvious:

The 'journalist' asks the coach what he thought of the ref - the coach replies 'no comment', and we all get the message that he thought the ref was shit, and no-ne gets in any bother.

Ridiculous that everyone can criticise a ref's performance except coaches and players.

Heard Houston and Stubbs's responses tonight to questions about refs - for fear of their comments getting them into trouble, Houston was coy, and Stubbs said 'no comment', with the clear implication that our refs are pish.

The solution is obvious:

The 'journalist' asks the coach what he thought of the ref - the coach replies 'no comment', and we all get the message that he thought the ref was shit, and no-ne gets in any bother.

They were almost being baited into saying something wrong by the person doing the interview. Thought both managers handled the questions well.

They were almost being baited into saying something wrong by the person doing the interview. Thought both managers handled the questions well.

I don't know - it was inevitable that they would ask about the ref's performance after what the pundits had been saying about the penalty decision.

Yes, it's very difficult for refs, but they're spoiling far too many games.

I did notice that Stubbs couldn't resist having a wee dig at Houston. :lol:

I don't know - it was inevitable that they would ask about the ref's performance after what the pundits had been saying about the penalty decision.

Yes, it's very difficult for refs, but they're spoiling far too many games.

I did notice that Stubbs couldn't resist having a wee dig at Houston. :lol:

Aye, had a wee chuckle at that dig :lol:

Archived