Latest scores/results

Moondancer

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, the Largs game: Clydebank were naive in the first half and the two goals were avoidable, but Largs took them well and we struggled to cause much for Largs to worry about. Second half saw Clydebank push more and Largs be relatively comfortable as long as it stayed 2-0, and Bankies missed a glorious few chances to at least get back into the match. A frustrating afternoon for the Bankies.

As for the incident regarding Hashim Cole and the Largs fan - Hashim won a foul, and Largs were not happy about it. He went to retrieve the ball from the stand, and a Largs fan was at one point pointing a finger to his face from a yard or so away - but still all smiles and no harm done. When Hashim went back to the pitch to prepare to take the free kick, a fan calls him Denzil Washington. Hashim immediately questions why he'd say that, and was visibly upset. The fan, after a few moments, says that Denzil Washington was a great actor and so was Hashim for winning that foul. Hashim was still upset and had to be restrained by a Clydebank player.

All of this was recorded on the camera, so I'm not just saying this without merit. Hashim was upset and perceived the comments as racist. Personally, I feel it was a stupid comment to have made. It was a comment made based purely on Hashim's skin colour. It's not right. There is no defence for it. It was wrong.

This is not sour grapes from a Bankies fan. I feel we deserved what we got today, results-wise. But Hashim did not deserve those comments.

It's not the severity of this tackle but the denial of a goal scoring opportunity

C.Mon to f**k he was at the edge of the box possibly outside of it from what I've heard(couldn't see from my place) and defo not going one on one with the keeper, foul aye penalty miby aye if inside red card never

C.Mon to f**k he was at the edge of the box possibly outside of it from what I've heard(couldn't see from my place) and defo not going one on one with the keeper, foul aye penalty miby aye if inside red card never

Rules state denying a goal scoring oppertunity is a red card. Edge of the box is goal scoring region.

I was standing next to the boy who was sent off he said It was a sending off but not a penalty

Meadow an absolute disgrace today.diack making his debut he probably won't come back after that. How embarrassing something has to change on that performance were relegation standard 10 men or not

No wonder you got pumped signing that Haddie

He was past it 2 seasons ago when we signed him & soon got rid & he's been hawkin himself from club to club since

Can only agree with what you said .

By the way what a setup you've got up at shettleston and have it down to a tee .

Excellent social club & there seems like a real community involvement in it, it's just small things that I noticed all day that impressed me with the excellent new stands behind the goals and also the very clever food stall which has one serving window facing into the paying punters and the other serving window across from it which faces out to the old shettleston road street ( which captures people's money who aren't even attending the game) - very simple but clever stuff.

My only wee grievance was that the pitch was quite poor and very bobbly which Made it tough for both teams to create momentum in moves but I was left with a good over all impression of shettleston today.

Best of luck in the remainder of the season.

Shettleston have quite a few young teams playing small-sided games on a Sunday. The Kids Coaching Academy is organised by Tracy Biggins, who puts in a power of work involving both the parents and players from the Juniors, hence the community-feel about the place. Hugh Kelly also takes one of the age groups at least three nights a week for coaching, and encourages his players to join in/support the kids. Re the surface, if Clyde F.C. do go their next season, I would imagine the grass would be ripped up and an all-weather surface installed, which would add to their community status.

Came to the game expecting a comfortable Troon win maybe 2 or 3-0, but felt the game was ruined by the red card. A ref should never give a red that early in the game unless its a leg breaker which it wasn't and even debatable if it was a penalty

What a ridiculous thing to say. A red is a red no matter what time of the game it is. Numpty

What a ridiculous thing to say. A red is a red no matter what time of the game it is. Numpty

Shut up daft arse if its an obvious red then aye time doesn't matter but it wasn't so the ref should be a bit sensible instead of ruining the game so early. Don't comment if u weren't there tube

Shut up daft arse if its an obvious red then aye time doesn't matter but it wasn't so the ref should be a bit sensible instead of ruining the game so early. Don't comment if u weren't there tube

No a red should be a red regardless of the time of the offence , please stop being a cockwomble In saying otherwise .

Can only agree with what you said .

By the way what a setup you've got up at shettleston and have it down to a tee .

Excellent social club & there seems like a real community involvement in it, it's just small things that I noticed all day that impressed me with the excellent new stands behind the goals and also the very clever food stall which has one serving window facing into the paying punters and the other serving window across from it which faces out to the old shettleston road street ( which captures people's money who aren't even attending the game) - very simple but clever stuff.

My only wee grievance was that the pitch was quite poor and very bobbly which Made it tough for both teams to create momentum in moves but I was left with a good over all impression of shettleston today.

Best of luck in the remainder of the season.

CRackin post.

No a red should be a red regardless of the time of the offence , please stop being a cockwomble In saying otherwise .

Wit. So if its a 50/50 decision the ref should never make a sensible decision away to f**k. The sensible decision here was early in the game so let the game get really started before a stupid decision, same as a ref wouldn't send a man off in injury time with a 50/50 decision if a scorline was 5-0. They can actually take a second and use there brain to think u know

Wit. So if its a 50/50 decision the ref should never make a sensible decision away to f**k. The sensible decision here was early in the game so let the game get really started before a stupid decision, same as a ref wouldn't send a man off in injury time with a 50/50 decision if a scorline was 5-0. They can actually take a second and use there brain to think u know

Right I am now realizing you are not the sharpest tool in the box so I will write it again Twaddle himself said he was last man and denied a goal scoring opportunity he also felt the challenge was outside the box. I hope this makes it easier for you to understand

Archived