Uber

Uber is the dog's baws. Much safer than the dodgy taxis that hang around Glasgow on a Saturday and cheaper than the cheeky p***k black hackneys that try to quote you a bomb to take you a 10 minute journey up the road.

I've only got a 4.8 rating though. Should maybe stop farting in the cars.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not used it yet but from talking to a few folk here it is substantially cheaper than the regular taxis. Guy I work with said his taxi from where we work to his place in Zürich is normally around 140chf and through Uber it was only 60chf.

Used it in the states a couple weeks ago to go to a bar so I didn't have to take the car and it worked out so much cheaper. Ended up paying $5 for a trip we'd been quoted as $15 by a taxi firm - why by the sounds of it rip you off even more than that.

whole process was faultless, driver was sound - agreed to pick us up and take us home for the same price at 11 and was there bang on time (paid this one cash, not through Uber).

The process for becoming a driver seems a lot more strict here however. In the states it literally seems to be a case of anyone can do it and can pick people up if they're in the area.

Used Uber for the first time last week. Said the taxi would be between £7-10 when we booked it, which wouldve been cheaper than the normal taxi app I use (1st Taxi). Because we had one extra stop (about 5 minutes tops extra), we got charged £17 total, which is far, far more than I wouldve been charged for 1st Taxi. Doubt I'll be using Uber again unless I dont have cash on me and I'm not near/can't be bothered going to a cash machine.

Was talking to my local drug dealer, he a big noise in the PH trade, he used it a couple of times recently, says it's brill.

Never caught the end of the conversation though, something about Uber knees drill bit drivers old his catching.using.

Seemed complicated, anybody else would just motors torch their.

• 3 weeks later...

Used Uber here in Zürich tonight. Almost new Merc S class comes picks us up! Fare was cheaper than the hybrid that the hotel called us on the way out!

Uber all the way bitches

I was singing Uber's praises till tonight episode. c***s.

Just supply and demand I'd think, I was down in Newcastle last weekend and I got one on a Friday night without a price surge but I get the impression in Glasgow it's still in the infancy, if they get more folk on then the ridiculous prices will be less common.

Just supply and demand I'd think, I was down in Newcastle last weekend and I got one on a Friday night without a price surge but I get the impression in Glasgow it's still in the infancy, if they get more folk on then the ridiculous prices will be less common.

Seems to have not dealt with the surge in demand.

You hame yet?

Aye. Bus to middle of Paisley and 15 minute walk in pissing rain. Grim.

More likely once conventional taxi drivers who rely on taxiing full time have been forced out of work uber will increase their fares.

Used Uber to get from my flat in Leith to Grassmarket for £3 last night but was surprised when a proper taxi (Capital cars) turned up, I was expecting it just to be a random Tom/Dick/Harry in his car

How does it work with the pricing then? Can't imagine Capital are happy with their drivers using Uber

Archived