Saturday 17th

paleface

did u watch the game ?? We never got out of 3rd gear, such a easy game. But yes mistakes plus sloppy play and a bad ref gave them 4 goals. Turned up with 5 mins to ko, no warm up and still beat them.

Mistakes plus sloppy play and a bad ref gave Selkirk 5 goals.

They wouldn't finish in the top 4 of the EOS League. Take O'Connor out of the team and they would be bottom half.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They wouldn't finish in the top 4 of the EOS League. Take O'Connor out of the team and they would be bottom half.

Brilliant. Much as they were a poor EoS team until the jump to the lowland, they're a far better side than you suggest and have dispatched far better teams than shippy this season.

Oh and btw, o Connor does play for them. Take messi out of barca...

There is an element of truth in your first statement - almost every goal is a mistake by someone - but I never criticise refs especially when there are no other officials to run the line.

The point is, though, if you are 5-2 up in a game, it suggests a fair degree of superiority.

As for the second statement, Selkirk are 5th (I think) in the Lowland League. If you are suggesting the EoSL is a higher league (or a higher standard) than the LL, that's fair enough, but it's a controversial idea. Although Garry O'Connor is a great signing for them, most folk watching would suggest Phil Addison puts in a great shift and the goalkeeper has earned his keep e.g. against Gala last week. But, yes, of course, if you take away one of their best players they won't be so good. I think that's true for any team, surely?

It's not a matter of debate that the Lowland League is superior to the EOS League, it's borne-out by pure results. Here are LL v EOSL since formation:

2013-14

LL wins ... 21

tie drawn ... 2

EOS wins ... 7

LL goals ... 89

EOS goals ... 39

2014-15

LL wins ... 17

tie drawn ... 1

EOS wins ... 7

LL goals ... 67

EOS goals ... 30

2015-16 (to date)

LL wins ... 12

tie drawn ... 1

EOS wins ... 0

LL goals ... 57

EOS goals ... 17

Also the EOS League teams which have won those games against Lowland opposition. Recall of course that Edinburgh Uni are now in LL:

2013-14

3 - Edinburgh Uni, Lothian Thistle

1 - Tynecastle

2014-15

3 - Lothian Thistle

2 - Civil Service

1 - Leith (+ 1 on pens), Heriot-Watt

2015-16

(1 on pens - Heriot-Watt)

Here's me got yer fixture as motd and yet your at a juniors match tut tut tut Mr.bam!!

better a FOOTBALL match than wasting money on EGG CHASING Mr Broon. Anyway someone has to keep tabs on the enemy... ;)

One of these games on Saturday, created more and better chances but could not put the ball in the net, unfortunatetly Dalbeattie did. Take it on the chin and move on to the next game.

No you didn't .Star were the better team especially in the second half and thoroughly deserved their win.

That's why I love football as everyone has an opinion, your goalkeeper had about 4 or 5 excellent saves and we had numerous chances that were either blasted over the bar or just wide, I can only recall Gregor making two saves as such throughout the game and one was at the goal. I still believe my original comments that we created more and better chances than Dalbeattie did.

Nae excuses lads every team has injury worries, albeit we have quite a few,is it just bad luck,is it training or pre match warm ups ? Could nae believe Andrew Martin injured warming up pre game ?

If yer good enough ye should be able to play at any age,sorry but it's no excuse whether one or eleven U20's in the side.

cup game next week let's see how /if we're further ahead than an eos side then it's EK and Spartans, a difficult few weeks ahead.

Mon the welfarrrrrrre!!!

spotted this one of your pals Newcy ?

Mr M @Themcinallys Oct 17

@whitehilwelfare @StirlingUniFC tactically naive, no system, defenders that consistently give the ball away, midfield missing

spotted this one of your pals Newcy ?

Mr M ‏@Themcinallys Oct 17

@whitehilwelfare @StirlingUniFC tactically naive, no system, defenders that consistently give the ball away, midfield missing

This is about as close to social media as I get bud.

Don't do Facebook or Twitter.

Don't recognise the name there either ?

This is about as close to social media as I get bud. Don't do Facebook or Twitter. Don't recognise the name there either ?

Im with you on this I could barely register for this let alone troll through anything else

Seems a bit harsh though as Welfare were missing half their team but all about opinions

Archived