Saturday 17th

paleface

As I have said all along league is very competitive as shown today.the 2 teams in the bottom three that played today both won and Edinburgh city lost to team that were well below them in league.so certain posters need to think before they post as they sometimes make you look silly.

fair point well done preston im silly

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dalbeattie v City could be a tasty one. Star play well at Islecroft and may well spring a surprise.

Telt yez! Fortunately I couldn't make the game today.. and fortunately Preston did us a turn. So, Whitehill for the League anyone....? ;)

Burnt island almost won and unlucky Welfare i heard that at least 5 of the normal starting 11 were missing so always going to struggle up there

Correct on WW and from what i heard the ref was as the old saying goes a homer

That said from what i heard the better team on the day won regardless of line ups thats footy

Telt yez! Fortunately I couldn't make the game today.. and fortunately Preston did us a turn. So, Whitehill for the League anyone....? ;)

Nobody ever said we were title challengers ttb.

In fact I've cheekily said on other threads who the Leagues dark horses are.

Geddes knows the game inside out and certainly has an eye for goal.

Sadly I think that's what ww lacking a 15/20 goal a season target man centre forward to play alongside the lad wringe.

Quite liked the no.10 lad today showed a bit of promise,kinda ran out of steam but prob would've still kept him on park as Keane looked injured and wringe was hobbling aboot as well for long enough.

Nobody ever said we were title challengers ttb. In fact I've cheekily said on other threads who the Leagues dark horses are. Geddes knows the game inside out and certainly has an eye for goal. Sadly I think that's what ww lacking a 15/20 goal a season target man centre forward to play alongside the lad wringe. Quite liked the no.10 lad today showed a bit of promise,kinda ran out of steam but prob would've still kept him on park as Keane looked injured and wringe was hobbling aboot as well for long enough.

Scary as WW had proven scorers last season and thats what appears to be missing this season

Connoly top scorer and he is a midfielder

Wringe scored for fun last year with lothian but this sesaon ?

thought keane was out injured ?

without devlin ,murray,muir,connolly,before ko then martin after warm up not surprised they lost

island were winning 2 .1 so i miss your point ? but well done selkirk in thrashing them 5-4

The sequence of goals was 1-0 1-1- 2-1 2-2 2-3 2-4 2-5 3-5 4-5 (with the last 2 in the last few minutes). I'd say that when Selkirk were 5-2 up even they felt safe and were maybe thus a bit loose in front of goals but they were certainly the better team overall. Burntisland were excellent and played out of their skins - all credit due to them and their manager. It's worth pointing out that the Selkirk team got stuck in a traffic jam on the Forth Road Bridge so their last few players were still arriving at 2.50 (orig kick-off 2.30) - their warm up was a run to the changing room, with kick-off delayed until 3 - shouldha let the train take the strain like yer roving reporter! I suppose you are right that going by league status it should have been 5-0 to Selkirk but that would be disrespectful to the Shippy and EosFL.

Scary as WW had proven scorers last season and thats what appears to be missing this season

without devlin ,murray,muir,connolly,before ko then martin after warm up not surprised they lost

Last season WW did have had the top scorer in the entire league

given the absentees half a team ! and walking wounded not a surprise result really is it a 18 year old right back 3 under 20s at least 2 walking wounded and 5 first choice players missing not to mention from what ive heard a very poor ref display in favour of the uni

island were winning 2 .1 so i miss your point ? but well done selkirk in thrashing them 5-4

did u watch the game ?? We never got out of 3rd gear, such a easy game. But yes mistakes plus sloppy play and a bad ref gave them 4 goals. Turned up with 5 mins to ko, no warm up and still beat them.

The sequence of goals was 1-0 1-1- 2-1 2-2 2-3 2-4 2-5 3-5 4-5 (with the last 2 in the last few minutes). I'd say that when Selkirk were 5-2 up even they felt safe and were maybe thus a bit loose in front of goals but they were certainly the better team overall. Burntisland were excellent and played out of their skins - all credit due to them and their manager. It's worth pointing out that the Selkirk team got stuck in a traffic jam on the Forth Road Bridge so their last few players were still arriving at 2.50 (orig kick-off 2.30) - their warm up was a run to the changing room, with kick-off delayed until 3 - shouldha let the train take the strain like yer roving reporter! I suppose you are right that going by league status it should have been 5-0 to Selkirk but that would be disrespectful to the Shippy and EosFL.

well said

Last season WW did have had the top scorer in the entire league

given the absentees half a team ! and walking wounded not a surprise result really is it a 18 year old right back 3 under 20s at least 2 walking wounded and 5 first choice players missing not to mention from what ive heard a very poor ref display in favour of the uni

Nae excuses lads every team has injury worries, albeit we have quite a few,is it just bad luck,is it training or pre match warm ups ? Could nae believe Andrew Martin injured warming up pre game ?

If yer good enough ye should be able to play at any age,sorry but it's no excuse whether one or eleven U20's in the side.

cup game next week let's see how /if we're further ahead than an eos side then it's EK and Spartans, a difficult few weeks ahead.

Mon the welfarrrrrrre!!!

Nae excuses lads every team has injury worries, albeit we have quite a few,is it just bad luck,is it training or pre match warm ups ? Could nae believe Andrew Martin injured warming up pre game ?

If yer good enough ye should be able to play at any age,sorry but it's no excuse whether one or eleven U20's in the side.

cup game next week let's see how /if we're further ahead than an eos side then it's EK and Spartans, a difficult few weeks ahead.

Mon the welfarrrrrrre!!!

well said and agreed

was not trying to make excuses just stating facts Civil away might make that good luck

Archived