Promotion to the Lowland League?

i believe coldstream and civil have the license but are poor on field so no chance of winning the league

lothian won the league last 2 years still no facilities so they lose players and stay with leith and tynecastle in what is now a single league with some decent teams but sadly some very poor teams

There has been the facility for promotion since LL started. Whether the relevant champions are eligible for promotion is another matter... At least there are some clubs in the EOS & SOS leagues getting their licenses now, as with the likes of Coldstream, Civil Service Strollers, Hawick and Wigtown.

I've had a look at the current league tables and none of the current top 1/3 of the EOSL are eligible for promotion (nor look likely to be anytime soon). Over in the SOSL prospects are a bit better, with 4 clubs in the hunt including Wigtown, St Cuthbert who are said to be close to license status, and Edusport Academy.

That said it's only October, so nothing on paper to stop some current or forecast licensees to get into the mix.

i believe coldstream and civil have the license but are poor on field so no chance of winning the league

lothian won the league last 2 years still no facilities so they lose players and stay with leith and tynecastle in what is now a single league with some decent teams but sadly some very poor teams

I played for hutchy vale years ago and to think clubs like them and Leith don't have the facilities by now is a disgrace

I played for hutchy vale years ago and to think clubs like them and Leith don't have the facilities by now is a disgrace

This. 100%.

Thought the idea behind having a senior side was to have somewhere for the players they have developed to play at a high level. Lack of off field investment and desire means the two of them have been 'successful' on the park by waiting til all the teams better than them left for the lowland.

This. 100%.

Thought the idea behind having a senior side was to have somewhere for the players they have developed to play at a high level. Lack of off field investment and desire means the two of them have been 'successful' on the park by waiting til all the teams better than them left for the lowland.

Hutchie, have had plans for years to have the enclosure developed I don't quite know the ins and outs but they where in place 5years ago when I was there probably rejected by Edinburgh Leisure.

I know they either own the ground next to the enclosure Astro or certainly rent it.

This. 100%.

all that happens is players move up the age groups then leave the seniors as no future at EOS

Why not form LL2 and move all clubs from EoS and SoS who are trying for a licence into it? how many would that be roughly, 10? any new club such as BSC or Colts would then join LL2 initially.

The remainder in the EoS can then either seek to join the SJFA, or move to amatuer.

Archived