McInnes for the sack?

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Could this be the bhoy with the fart sniffing fetish who got completely ruined by Aberdeen fans recently trying to get his own back by placing 2 x £5 bets on...........

a. McInnes being the next boss to leave their job.

b. McInnes becoming the next Scotland boss.

Derek McInnes has called on SPFL sponsors Ladbrokes to act more responsibly after the bookmakers fuelled social media speculation that the Aberdeen boss could be set to leave Pittodrie.

The Pittodrie club made a statement on Wednesday after the bookmakers released a story announcing they had suspended betting on McInnes leaving the Reds following a flurry of wagers.

The episode then took a fresh twist when Ladbrokes made McInnes favourite to replace Scotland boss Gordon Strachan.

McInnes admitted on Thursday that he was left "baffled" by the episode, underlining his skepticism of social media and calling on the sponsors to act in a more responsible manner.

"I was a bit baffled by the whole thing to be honest," he said. "You start to get phone calls from press guys and you soon realise something is gathering a bit of momentum.

"But I really was baffled by it. When you look back on it in the cold light of day, then people have got to have a responsibility to act better.

"What can you do to stop it? Social media is what it is. I'm from a generation that is not involved in it.

"But I think for the main sponsors to be involved in instigating a lot of it is disappointing. They have a responsibility to work with clubs as the main sponsor and not work against clubs and managers.

"This is me talking about this today but it could be another manager next week. There have been other managers who have been put under pressure unnecessarily.

"The job is difficult enough. It is something which isn't helpful."

Here here, good guy etc. Every time Derek has to comment on something ludicrous like this, whether it's racism or an assistant manager not knowing his place, Del just oozes class. In McInnes we trust.

Here here, good guy etc. Every time Derek has to comment on something ludicrous like this, whether it's racism or an assistant manager not knowing his place, Del just oozes class. In McInnes we trust.

Maybe if he hadn't poked Mrs Ash Taylor he wouldn't be in this mess.

Archived